Daves new school holden shambles

Muncie

Had to re engineer the throttle cable bracket so it clears the inlet pipe made that work with the grinder that's been in naughty corner after bumper support.......

Spritz of paint it bolted on and the cables even work in their new position although very long I think I can hide this by sending them under manifold.

IMG_20240401_131819_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The size of the hotside assembly off the engine is quite considerable and looks mental when you pick it up and turn it around to check things out.

I'm very happy with my driveway cobbling together on this occasion

IMG_20240401_140755_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 4

Well first cock-up found.... up pipe from cross over doesn't fit needs a zig zag easy fix I just didn't account for the depth of engine bay when making on dummy block

Zach stripped the exhaust manifold off for me and made a start on wiring for too surprisingly once unwrapped all but a few wires reached the drivers side where airflow meter and throttle body is.

Back on track again everything that needs to go back in engine bay is there wiring has been started everything accounted for.

A v6 engine bay is normally quite empty looking this one's bloody packed! 

Bonnet shuts exhaust now misses the air-conditioning components phew taken long enough.

Hotside needs to come out again for some welding after re jigging the up pipe but that's a 5 minute job now.

IMG_20240406_175300_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_20240406_175305_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, shrike said:

Any plans for heatwrap or ceramic coating?

Looks the goods, what does the slushbox take powerwise?

Yeah I'll go nuts with heat wrap and make some shields.

I'll build a box myself later on they cope ok at 400hp will stick a shift kit in asap ive already bumped line pressure up in ecu.

• Like 2

Have decided to do rocker cover gaskets while I have access and flip covers drivers to passengers side vice versa as the drivers side now has a throttle body on top and passengers has ample room between the downpipe and wastegate to get a funnel in. Bloody repackaging can see why they never did as a factory option.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to see but have flipped rocker covers over so i can access the oil cap wouldn't want to top up hot but you get idea.

New gaskets too billet cap so it doesn't melt....

Have started on wiring not ultra complex but coil packs need to move.

20240421_113646.jpg

• Like 7

My crossover pipe ended up clashing with chassis rail has ended up becoming a stupid complicated thing only really so it fits the existing pipework locations..... I may end up chopping it off and have it enter just under the turbo instead of the collector, as I think it may end up been a restriction.

Also time to fit the wideband sensor I bought ages ago off @Honda Ass Dragger and it integrating into the pcm.

Screenshot_20230927_140509.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shrike said:

Can you fill from the other head if you had an oil cap on the other cover?

Nah the throttle body and airflow meter sit right on top of it where filler cap was now. The cable bracket was 1-2mm away from it so had to move. Other side is actually fine just needs a funnel I suck at pouring anyway.

• Like 2

Started some wiring fitted looks mint pity you can't see it for throttle body..... suppose that is the idea. More to do just a bit of soldering to finish off and put in braided sleeve so it can shed heat.

Discovered the ignition coils could flip 180 degrees bolt straight back on and wiring is basically perfect once unwrapped reaches dead easy and won't melt on wastegate, heat shield will be a good idea though.

Airflow meter new location on right side of engine bay set up in photo.

IMG_20240425_161850_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 4