Muncie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@vk327 

Hey mate have a squizz at this currently running this modified code in my spare ecu runs better than stock, i have a few tunes to kick things off with hence im willing to give the flash ecu a go. If it doesn't work.... well i might have a wiring loom job for you or will go manual and chuck a decent aftermarket ecu in it.

SmartSelect_20210801-194620_Write on PDF.jpg

Went to go get milk and bread on Saturday and it died all of 200m from my home, another bloody crank angle sensor issue for sure ecu shows no rpm when cranking mindful it could be a broken wire or something.

So to rule out the sensor im chuckin yet another new one at it, doing new o2 sensors as well so everything is fresh for when the l67 goes in. 

On scrounge for some headers if anyone knows of any???? Will be going twin 3" into single 3.5" with resonators into a Flowmaster 44 series will probably put a truck muffler at the end to knock the noise right down. Have already started hoarding parts as money allows.

Decided to go single incase i go turbo later on saves a bit of fab work and parts too. Should sound pretty mellow and flow all it puff out, after all im getting older and cant be fucked with a droning exhaust.

havnt played too far with the v6 ecus myself but that looks like it should give you  enough headroom on the maf table, could possibly use the AC pressure sensor input as a way to input a wideband 0-5v and be able to log it if you can define your own parameters and calc like im able to with HP tuners for LS 

• 3 weeks later...

Threw new O2 sensors in today runs nice and idles better took all of 10 minutes to do both fuck it was easy! Why ive not done them before now escapes me thought it'd be a bitch of a job.

Also threw in another cam sync sensor cos the one on my new engine was visibly newer for good measure.

Think ive got a theory on the crank sensor fault, may not actually be the sensor ive got 2-3 mm of float on the crank when you go to start it the starter pushes crank forward. And at low revs just the tips of the reluctor ring pass through the sensor giving a shit signal. Give the crank a nudge back and the idle improves if its pushed forward so it might just be that.

IMG_22082021_094853_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So with the ecotecs health now down graded to running but may become terminal soon, I started on stripping everything that wont be going in with the engine swap off the L67.  

Including one rather haggard in places engine loom.

Just exhaust manifolds to go and thats as far as it'll need to go.

IMG_22082021_151430_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_22082021_151437_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_22082021_151510_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So shipping has utterly shat itself globally so looks like I'll build the headers myself fuck it, I wanted bigger than 38mm anyway.

To keep trucking on ive ordered the fuel pump locally apparently good for 1000hp so shouldn't be seeing it needing upgrades again. 

Driving a fair bit at moment as its so much more comfortable on weekend than work ute.

Screenshot_20211214-103044_Trade Me.jpg

• Like 1

Seeing as I can't obtain engine parts why not fit an obnoxiously big stereo and leather upholstery...   it's not easy hiding 2 gauge cabling but it's done aided by pulling the interior to 100's of pieces even managed to snake through the chassis under seat so no lumps showing 

IMG_21122021_124931_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 4

Added 2 sets of alpine components these have a nice tweeter to point at your face (even in the back) everything in stock speaker pods so nice and crisp no rattles. 

Taken better part of 2 days to swap all the upholstery over as my body loom had no power for passenger seat and needed some fettling in diagnostic console on laptop to make airbags talk to the controller, all works mint now.

Spent the cash on a install kit for head unit which looks sweet. This is the weapon of choice for road trips as it's a big armchair.

IMG_21122021_155650_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_21122021_155700_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_21122021_155707_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So im not going supercharged anymore.....

Been following a series on YouTube by Street Machine with a L67 in a VN they just fitted all the gear I was going to use and it was a bit average, well it worked but not 6 grand worth of parts worth of gain.

Screenshot_20220106-100028_Trade Me.jpg

• Like 2

Just ordered some 850cc injectors so I've got plenty of headroom incase e85 becomes available at pump again and I decide to go forged rods and pistons down the track and try make 500hp at the wheels its got plenty of juice available.

Started looking where to jam turbo, definitely passengers side wont know where it will physically fit till turbo arrives plenty of room for a 3.5" dump pipe. Obviously getting drivers side exhaust over to other side of engine bay is going to need doing will go across front of engine no issues lots of open space there.

Something like the below will probably work best enough room for MAF and air filter and straight shot out then down for exhaust.

images (1) (26).jpeg

• Like 4