Daves new school holden shambles

Muncie

Have done a bit of running around in it now to let the ecu self adjust to the new boost level and 98 octane fuel.

Gave it full jandal on Saturday from 50 ks its brutal glove box flew open shit everywhere, anywhere below 50 it just steps out sideways till it hits 3rd.

340,000ks now and owes me just over $3000 i bet its got a mid 14 second pass in it if can find grip. 

• Like 3

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Finally got to Drag wars ran 15.2 @90mph 25c outdoor temp and long cue meant major heatsoak into the blower...... I also left it in drive and had the air con on it was also the fastest of the night then the dude after me hit the wall lane was slimy as so I parked it.

Water sizzles on the supercharger after a run so it needs Water/meth injection thru it to chill the inlet temps. Way more in it with a bit more practice and a cooler day easy into the 14's with meth injection maybe more.

• Like 1

Ive decided to sell again after my Daily needing new wheels and tyres this week...... however mrs had a ball at night speed drags and wants to go again will try sell some other shit in meantime if I still have it after Christmas it will get more attention and hit the track again.

• 1 year later...

@tortronYup just the old rattletech though it runs beautiful as it should been 1 owner.

Drove Huntly to north shore today and collected it,

was supposed to have a blown head gasket according to a mechanic i pulled the thermostat topped the water up jump started it and it didnt get hot once on drive home.

Not immaculate but really tidy inside and out has some imperfections which i think i will actually tidy up to make it properly mint.

Itll get an Lsd soon then maybe a bit of low and some different wheels a bit later on.

FB_IMG_1549688616972.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cletus said:

weren't they bad for cracking heads?

Spent 7 years at Holden during the period of VY. I don't recall any heads cracking. Thats not to say they didn't I just dont remember doing any.

did do head gaskets from time to time. But you had to try pritty hard Iron heads and Block with the overheating. 

ls1 had piston slap issues.. did a shit load of builds on them new slugs and rings. 

hermmm... 

• Like 1