h4nd

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Yowzer said:

I recall seeing that design years ago from a guy who built a few different PACs, as well as some other interesting stuff. Always wanted to make one but never did.

Yea I think we culled the design from the internet, the size was a real constraint as it had to fit into a 300mm cube. And not blow up and damage us.

• Like 1

better rebuild the super-Nerf 200.
600mm 1/2 copper barrell

12v airhorn solenoid and resivour

12v 4wd-shock compressor

jam D6 reo-bar down inside of Nerf bullet for 200m approx distance. will use lead this time, so i can surf-cast hopefully 250-300m

• Like 5

13 hours ago, smokin'joe said:

better rebuild the super-Nerf 200.
600mm 1/2 copper barrell

12v airhorn solenoid and resivour

12v 4wd-shock compressor

jam D6 reo-bar down inside of Nerf bullet for 200m approx distance. will use lead this time, so i can surf-cast hopefully 250-300m

Pics.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

Pretty sure old Shayne Gooch the lecturer was jizzing over that golf ball hurler design about 5 years ago when we had to sit through his class

Yea must have been the lecturer, I remember him.

How gratifying that he is still banging on about it, it is getting on for 20 years now.

• Like 1

On 31/08/2021 at 18:10, ThePog said:

Me and a mate built this at Uni as part of the design stuff for a competition, we didn't actually win on the day due to the way the results were calculated but we went twice as far as any other entry and i think they still use it as an example...

IMG_20210829_180256_1~2.jpg

Firstly, this is how it works, the basic setup. The red is a bit of 5mm polyurethane, all else is aluminium;

jUzSVrE.jpeg

Then you pump air in which seals the barrel and fills the outer. Once it is pressurised you remove the pump, the valve actually has nothing in it so the removal acts as the trigger;

T8XubmB.jpeg

When the valve is removed the pressure on the polyurethane seals the valve/inlet and all the air rushes out, pushing whatever is in the barrel with it.

DkY7jmr.jpeg

And as promised, a video of it in action and some fucking dodgy editing for lols.

I require pics of golf balls being fired through various materials plz. Car doors be good

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...