Random slightly cool stuff you built but not worth its own thread, thread

h4nd

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 27/04/2021 at 17:03, Thphantum said:

Was a bit hung over on Anzac day appreciation day, So I made a fire thingy out of some junk I had lying around

20210427_165524.jpg

They make one of those on an episode of Paw patrol for cooking Chilli.

I must have seen that episode 3 or 4 times so far.

#dadlife

/lingpost

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, KP_wag said:

Love your work mate. Have contemplated doing something similar, can you explain the chemfix bit? I was thinking of bolting direct to the studs as whatever I build kids will no doubt try and climb on it...

Thanks man!

https://www.gooduse.com.tw/en/faq/How-to-install-the-chemical-anchor/faq-01-10.html (and make sure you fix a threaded rod inthere, not a drill :D)

Something similar to the above, but I had to use an additional sleeve as I was dealing with 'hollow' stones... My solution is probably overkill as I used 5 M10 studs/shelf but the oak alone was 7kg for the heaviest one. Better safe than sorry... ;)

Nothing wrong with overkill. As a draughtsman fresh out of polytech I had a go at designing a timber boardwalk structure. The senior engineer had a look at my design, took out half the columns, and reckoned it would be about right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, igor said:

Nothing wrong with overkill. As a draughtsman fresh out of polytech I had a go at designing a timber boardwalk structure. The senior engineer had a look at my design, took out half the columns, and reckoned it would be about right.

I am used to design everything a little to strong, unless weight for example is critical. I design press brakes (LVD) for a living and we allways say, it's designed the LVD way when it's overkill. Better to use a few kilograms to much steel :p

• Like 3

13 hours ago, johnnyizegem said:

I am used to design everything a little to strong, unless weight for example is critical. I design press brakes (LVD) for a living and we allways say, it's designed the LVD way when it's overkill. Better to use a few kilograms to much steel :p

That's my motto too, but this is because I'm too dumb to understand what the correct amount of steel looks like :roll:.

If in doubt, make it bigger. 

• Like 3