Random slightly cool stuff you built but not worth its own thread, thread

h4nd

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Hemi said:

Vella Lavella! been there when pretty young, remember the parents went on a tour to some skull caves because cannibilism etc. beautiful place. 

I asked him if he ever wanted to go back. Pretty strong 'Hell no' was the answer. Told me it was hellishly hot and the water rations were so low they'd save half their tea to shave with. If they didn't shave they'd get jungle sores from ingrown hairs from the heat and sweat. Also said the clothes rotted off them. About the only things he ever said about it really.

Apart from when a few of them swam to a chiefs burial plot on some island and looted it of carved shells, my mum's still got some. Bloody NZ bogans.... 

Would quite like to go myself some day.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, flyingbrick said:

Fuckin imagine raiding a downed plane for plexiglass so you could make a sweet knife handle!!! 

Sounds like they were all at it. Blagging knives off the yanks and building stuff. Doing the old 'homer on the bosses time', with bullets...

He also  made a pendant for my nana by cutting the huia out of an old sixpence and sticking it on a heart shaped bit of plexiglass from the windscreen of a zero (bloody Mitsi's). Think my sister has that...

huia.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/08/2020 at 20:07, BlownCorona said:

A+ job on designing it so that the tops of the monitors are flush. 

i hate when my dual monitors at work get bumped out of alignment. 

Thanks, yeah it's only taken a few years, this base keeps the monitor at 30 degrees to the wall. 

On 29/08/2020 at 19:51, kws said:

I'm the kinda psychopath that wants the task bar aligned, lol. That circular monitor stand is cool

My favourite feature you can't even see, tucked cable routing, as that's where the cables come through the desk. Task bar aligned not so great for such different sized monitors... 

wzpzggzn.0kh.jpg

• Like 3