Random slightly cool stuff you built but not worth its own thread, thread

h4nd

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Made this today, put together out of left over parts that have accumulated over the years doing other projects.

It's been sitting in a pile of bits for almost a year on my work bench getting in the way everytime I try to do something...

20190922_113203.thumb.jpg.8035bceaec22bdc4cf6c1f120e2647b6.jpg

Pretty happy with it, making something out of nothing. Still needs a rear wheel, but I started it up and it sounds wicked!

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Nominal said:

It's a bit lame when factory parts don't meet the certifiers requests.

I think the issue came about because I had a couple bits of rubber hose filling the gap on the pin/pad to centralize the pads. This was to stop them rattling when not braking. I'd had it like this for a longtime with no bad experiences... however this drew attention to this part, and he wanted a better solution. He wasn't happy for me to just take it out and restore the factory rattle, as it's a shit design to begin with.

The way I look at it, any problems that can be solved with a bit of time or money is a real problem. So just get on with it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KP_wag said:

Lovin the exhaust, what ya got planned for the christening? 

Cheers man, not sure wat to do yet.. I've got a couple of mutton roasts in the freezer, from some old girl I knocked off a few months ago.. may try that, or go the standard ribs or brisket. 

It's been running for 10.5 hours so far.. and its been pretty consistent between 250F and 270F.. had it cranked up to 435F for a bit, just to try and set the pot belly black paint.

13 minutes ago, nvmyvl said:

Cheers man, not sure wat to do yet.. I've got a couple of mutton roasts in the freezer, from some old girl I knocked off a few months ago.. may try that, or go the standard ribs or brisket. 

It's been running for 10.5 hours so far.. and its been pretty consistent between 250F and 270F.. had it cranked up to 435F for a bit, just to try and set the pot belly black paint.

Gas or charcoal? A pork butt would be a good (forgiving) first outing. What used to be in the drum? Big fan of the low and slow, lotsa room in a UDS could cater a badass party with that!