Random slightly cool stuff you built but not worth its own thread, thread

h4nd

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, tortron said:

Mine has a slide out floor for cleaning, and I penned in the area underneath so they can go downstairs and be out of the rain while still being locked up

So i thought about this way too much. My floor is fixed but at the right height so that i can open the door, park the wheelbarrow under the opening and scrape the contents straight into the barrow so it can be taken to compost or garden whatever.

Made nesting box today. Sits just inside big door(so back of nest boxes are closed in when door is shut) room so we can drag old bedding out under it with a rake type tool, or can lift whole nesting box out and turn upside down into the barrow to clean/ empty it fast. 

Also.. i gave it a flat top. Videos said to have an angled top so they cant sit up there and make poose. But i dont care! If they like it up there and want to cuddle up high then good on them. 

Also in photo is my circular saw guide thing/square. Best thing iv made for the saw, omg. Just line up the right hand side edge to the cut line and use the left edge to guide the skillsaw. Cuts perfect square and accurate to the line every time. So good.

20190811_125016-784x1613.jpg

20190811_133155-784x1613.jpg

• Like 7

On 27/08/2019 at 11:26, beachlander said:

Been making some gearknobs recently for the intention of selling them eventually. 

A couple of done so far

Screenshot_20190827_112523_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

Screenshot_20190827_112534_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

Screenshot_20190827_112554_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

That's pretty cool, how do you make em? Reminded me of this youtube video saw the other day, which is ridiculously awesome 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, KP_wag said:

That'd be super cool, matching walnut swirl knob for yer walnut trim dash... 

Do you finish those on a lathe or do they come out of the mould like that? 

Yea that's sort of the idea, can do colours etc to match cars or whatever people want. 

They come out of the mould as either a cylinder or rectangle depending how I make them then shaped on my wood lathe

• Like 5

Will do @Valiant . Its a horizontal unit, light enough to tow with a quad (I don,t have a quad but). Are there pics of the front of your splitter with the engine/tank etc? Always interesting to compare different ways of tackling the same job.   Home next week. Can't remember how to post pics etc so @scooters will need to hold my hand. Will stick it in the Chainsaw fred, maybe post the other shit I haven't got around to as well. Proper Barry here mate.

On 28/08/2019 at 22:45, beachlander said:

I've made some moulds up, it's a 2 part resin and use different coloured pigments to get the desired look. 

Have just invested in the gear to start stabilising wood so can do hybrid wood/resin ones such as the video you posted which I'm excited to try

Shit those knobs look the smicko man. What brand resin and pigments do you use. I have a steering wheel to have a go at but I haven't found my brave pills. I want a kinda see-thruough green with flake in it. I have green glitter and clearcast resin and have made a MDF template I was going to pour a 2 piece Plaster of Paris mould around. Not sure about runners/risers etc so procrastinating. What are your moulds made of to get that finish?

• Like 2