h4nd

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/09/2018 at 12:19, 63Ragtop said:

think I got the layers backwards

hah yeah shit goes backwards if you want -18 deep etc then -15 for shallower etc, on my CNC you have to remember if you want to adjust the tool lengths (alter the depth) to go deeper you lengthen the tool (+1.5mm for example) raises my tool up

• Thanks 1

Brother gave me a crossbow for a birthday present...thanks bro!

2301.thumb.jpeg.abe72511fa7bd0a53107ea14b7a901a6.jpeg

It's surprisingly accurate, easily get arrows (technically called "bolts") touching in a target set about 10m away. And smashing a pizza box at 60m.

2294.thumb.jpeg.7c6503408271863668d45bc0830a4e2f.jpeg

However I noticed the front sight was bending. On closer inspection I realised that the string actually comes forward and strikes the front sight post! Not great for string longevity or accuracy.

Solution time:

2296.thumb.jpeg.b25cde5a2b5008c4b2519ff90491b01f.jpeg

2297.thumb.jpeg.324d2c388b28ea3b60ca43f76da00a5d.jpeg

That should do it for now. I may loose the front sight altogether and replace it with a red dot sight mounted on the rear above the trigger mechanism. I'm just not that convinced that the shit metal front sight will be able to withstand any knocks it may get when out hunting...but for now it will do.

Im now fired up to take a day off work and try hunt something with it to see how it goes. Should do the business...

• Like 5

Had a very quick sight in at home before heading off for the day. Took 6 shots to zero...and then got repeatable results like this shooting offhand  (standing up unsupported) at a range of 18m.

2305.thumb.jpeg.8ab0f455596f697f35eba850768ebb06.jpeg

Almost boring to shoot now with the red dot. Just keeps putting 2 arrows (bolts) side by side. Both bolts shoot to a slightly different point of impact...so I'll buy a few more and batch sort them into tighter groups.

For the money (hehe...it was a gift so didn't cost me anything) it's hard to beat. Pretty cool when something exceeds expectations eh.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, rustisize said:

Free hot water.  Plumb the exhaust into a water jacket for even more free heat.

I thought about that but as the exhaust goes straight up to the roof it isnt feasible to have the venting reservoir up so high. But I'll come up with some crazy idea. 

26 minutes ago, SOHC said:

Shit that alternator must be spinning fast

Only at 2200rpms. Which is why I used the tractor one as they are made for low rpms. The lister only runs at 350rpm. 

• Like 6