Random slightly cool stuff you built but not worth its own thread, thread

h4nd

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cool man but I reckon you could set the horizontals up so it sits above the towball that way you could tow a trailer as well as have that on, for extra load carrying awesomeness! 

Like this

__/¯¯

Also put some gussets under the section below the mesh platform.

Also also, if you laid the mesh on top and ran the slide ins through the centre of the box you could weld some angle on the bottom that you stow two lengths of smaller box that you could use as a ramp for pushing them up.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, kyteler said:

It's cool man but I reckon you could set the horizontals up so it sits above the towball that way you could tow a trailer as well as have that on, for extra load carrying awesomeness! 

Like this

__/¯¯

Also put some gussets under the section below the mesh platform.

Also also, if you laid the mesh on top and ran the slide ins through the centre of the box you could weld some angle on the bottom that you stow two lengths of smaller box that you could use as a ramp for pushing them up.

I like those ideas a lot. Neat. 

@Geophy, ready for mk2? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mof said:

Problem with putting a trailer under it is if you go through a culvert the drawbar might whack the rack.

And depending how high, might not be able to lower the tailgate 

It would only need to be the same height as the top of the bumper so no different opening and closing as when the bike was on (obviously if towing a trailer that would be connected first.)

• Like 1