smitty

Smitty's Toyota Corolla Ke70 Wagon - Discussion

Nah, it doesn't have the ridge in the middle. It may look so because of the photos. It used to have the chrome trim at the front like the normal flat front but I removed it as it was only attached on the ends and in general being a nuisance.

oh please explain further about repair cert?

According to the AA guy, any car that has been deregistered by an insurance company has to get a repair certification, unless it wasn't damaged but rather written off for something else (like it being stolen or something).

God fins are swoon!

See if you can get your hands on a 185/50.
That profile + blocks will be delish.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2017 at 17:39, Steelies said:

i see this badboy's been nicked. sucky! any word about it now?

Yeah it was found thank god. Rip in headliner and the ignition is buggered but insurance should figure that all out.

• Like 2

Cool wagon, i spotted it parked in Austin st a few weeks back. Do you still have any of the original slant front parts left? I'm after a front bumper if its good, or failing that just a passenger side end cap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob.121 said:

Cool wagon, i spotted it parked in Austin st a few weeks back. Do you still have any of the original slant front parts left? I'm after a front bumper if its good, or failing that just a passenger side end cap.

I've got a single fender, a rusty bonnet, and a shit tonne of headlights, but no bumper or endcaps sorry. Traded my bumper for the twin front bumper when I got the kit.

• Like 1

Invest in a good set of tyres at some point if you can. They make a hell of a difference when it comes to stopping in the wet.

2 hours ago, ajg193 said:

Invest in a good set of tyres at some point if you can. They make a hell of a difference when it comes to stopping in the wet.

I had full tread on all four of my pretty new 195 Hankooks. :(

• Like 1

Glad to see your repairing this thing. I love following other wagon builds. 
bz88uk5.jpg

Did you make that cut with the jig saw? I never thought about using a jigsaw for cutting sheet metal before.