Smitty's Toyota Corolla Ke70 Wagon - Discussion

smitty

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the toe-in and wheel alignment is working against you towing it like that. Might be better with the front wheels on the dolly.

Yeah, we think it was the alignment that was screwing with the wheel. We thought about turning the car around and lifting the front but the way the dolly connects to the car means that if we towed it backwards it could potentially damage the front suspension and definitely dent the bumper. It also meant that if I had another flat I would definitely be stuck, due to having no spare. But I will get the alignment checked out once I get the car back.

Was the steering locked or unlocked

Steering was locked, or at least, we tied the steering wheel to the seat in the straight position with as many ratchet straps as we could. There was no wiggle in the wheel IIRC. We didn't actually set the wheel into steering lock because usually it goes into lock on an angle, and that's not what we wanted.

Dude fixing the wiring is easy :-) just probe the wires with a test lamp while someone flicks switches

lol meant new loom, not car. Wiring will be possible, dad has done Simcas before. It'll just take a while to do all the wires, probably.

Im trying ti say It's probably a bit easier than you think. New loom would help but if ya can't get one just run new wires to wherever is needed.

Also I'm sure there are people here that can help with wire colors and locations if needed :-)

You should surprise the old man by getting it done! :-D

Pop out that blanking panel, I think thre's a screw behind there. Also that screw basically above the blanking panel needs to come out to remove that facia. I take it you've removed the screw between the choke and the lighter?

I have removed all the screws, the only thing holding it in place now is the choke. I have no idea how to get that off. There's a hole in the bottom but no screw, just metal. Thought it was one of those clicky things so tried pushing it with the screwdriver and that didn't seem to have an effect either.

WIA4Lm6.jpg

• 3 months later...