1300 crossflow help

junglesponge

Hey all. I need a little help on my mk2 cortina 1300 engine. I cant seem to get the motor to start or even pop or bang. I put the tdc right with the no 1 cylinder on the compression stroke to the top. In pic 2 I have put the distributer in and this is where the rotor sits at tdc. In pic 3 I put the rotor cap on. Which is the order I put the plugs on? im not a hundy which plug goes where on the distributer. Any help would be appreciated. Just so you know its a 1300 with 1600 valves and gt cam. Im using a crc jump start not fuel.

qsmnnt05.lxi.jpg

51yvohrh.trv.jpg

x5vii2cq.suv.jpg

Firing order 1243.

Remove the coil lead from the dissy cap and hold the end a few mm from a good earth and wind the engine over with the ign on, you should get a spark to jump between the lead and the earth.

If no then.

Check for power at the distributor.

Check the earth lead in the distributor is attached, one end to the body of the dissy, other end to the points plate.

Check polarity of the coil, negative side to the dissy.

Check fuel at carb.

That's the basics.

So if you get #1 on tdc (#4 tappets rocking, or "on the rock")

Install the distributor so that the rotor will point to just after #1 position inside the cap (just after for advance)

If it doesn't, remove the distributor and rotate the gear/shaft until when it is installed it points to the above described position

(As this rotor spins anti-clockwise then it would be to the left of the caps #1 position)

Then as firing order is 1-2-4-3, then this is the order that the HT leads will be plugged in to the cap

working anti-clockwise from 1

Hey guys thanks for the replys. I did have a google around but found a few different ways too so I thought I would ask you chaps in the end. Im using the jump start at the mo as im waiting for my fuel line to get to here. On wednesday I hope. I was just wanting to get it kinda ready to go so all I do is hook up the fuel line and bobs your uncle.