underseal and rust proofing

jakesae101

Hi guys and gals

i need to re underseal and paint my floor of my rally car . The floor as it stands had been repainted inside but the outside has a bit of surface rust as its a fwd car that's seen some gravel time its pretty good at removing the 30 year old coating that was there . Now i need some advice on what to use to re do it i was going to hit it with the water blaster and then look at spraying it or painting it with something like wattyl rust kill like i used inside as its not overly sensitive to a non prepped surface Or using a aerosol rust killer. then spraying a underseal on since this is going to see a bit of gravel action again was thinking of maybe using the spray n truck bed liner in a can as it may be harder wearing 

any ideas pointers ect i want to do it once then not have to worry about it for a few years 

I've been looking at similar things.

And I've found for every opinion there is a counter opinion. Dang it.

It's hard to even get a grip on which way opposing opinions are swaying!

Read the guff on POR 15 and then priming that and spraying over bed liner etc.

And then I've decided that I'm pretty much going to leave it all the fuck alone for now because underbody prep sucks :P

Do you have kevlar wear plates in the areas of high abrasion?

I've been looking at similar things.

And I've found for every opinion there is a counter opinion. Dang it.

It's hard to even get a grip on which way opposing opinions are swaying!

Read the guff on POR 15 and then priming that and spraying over bed liner etc.

And then I've decided that I'm pretty much going to leave it all the fuck alone for now because underbody prep sucks :P

Do you have kevlar wear plates in the areas of high abrasion?

your right so much info and no i dont ive only had the car a couple of months it has little underbody stuff on it was just going to redo the underside and redo the flaps slightly larger and put strips of it down the side on the sills to stop it kicking up the sides and chipping more of the paint 

• Like 1