Barn find Mazda 1200 ute

12a_323wagon

Hahaha yea man thats pretty much it, the engine swap is a bit rough to say the least! Its not too bad as far as i can see so far, a bit of rust at the bottom of the right B pillar, a wee bit in the left door. The tail gate is too far gone to save though i think. Yea theres a dude with a couple rotarys floating around i think? 

Wicked ute man, these are everywhere in thailand (must have bought the tooling from mazda) - may be a source of parts 

Yea seam to see a lot of parts on ebay and what not from Thailand, will have to start stocking up!

nice find, don't fuck it up!

Hahaha nah man, This ones going to get proper restore love, not going to chop it up. Plan is just full restore and slam as much as i can with out cutting anything.

• Like 1

awesome find! bugger about the lapsed vin but it is a worth while vehicle to restore. I am hopeing you have plans to keep it in factory yellow!!!

Cheers! Yea will be worth it for sure! Ute was white standard but yes will keep it same kind of colour, have to find out what standard colours they came out in. I like the idea of a mustard/creamy kinda yellow.

• Like 1

Mean. I got your utes older brother!

Are you going to keep all of the Pistons or sneak a 13bpt into it.

Sweet!! 1500? Yea going to keep all those pistons i recon, feel bad cutting it up! If i was to put a rotary in it id like to go 10a but they are pretty fucking rare too now or just go the whole hog 13bbpt. But 1200 it will be i hope

• Like 1

Cheers! Yea will be worth it for sure! Ute was white standard but yes will keep it same kind of colour, have to find out what standard colours they came out in. I like the idea of a mustard/creamy kinda yellow.

Ah yes, the old commercial white haha. Glad you've got your eye on a nice factory colour, I've always had a soft spot for the pale yellow myself!