ISC/IAC valve plumbing?

Adoom

FYI: Idle Speed Control/Idle Air Control...

On my CA18DET I need some crazy snake hose to plump the IAC valve to the intake pipe. Can I just stick a little filter directly onto the valve and not have to have the long hose? I can't think why it would not work. It's not like it needs boost pressure... it only opens when the engine is idling.

Itll leak plumb it in before throttle plate also if you have afm it will not meter that air at idle so itll be all out of wak

I should have mentioned that the engine has a link ecu and is using a MAP, not an AFM. So if it leaks, it should make no difference if it leaks through its own filter or via the main intake pipe, right?

• Like 1

If you plumb it back into pre-throttle body somewhere, when it makes boost the pressure on both side is balanced so no leak.

Depends on the ISCV unit I guess but not plumbing back to pipe and you'll have air blowing back out through it.

If you plumb it back into pre-throttle body somewhere, when it makes boost the pressure on both side is balanced so no leak.

Depends on the ISCV unit I guess but not plumbing back to pipe and you'll have air blowing back out through it.

Ah, I see the boost leaks out. spose I need that long ugly pipe.