Wideband Sensors ?

Hyde

14 hours ago, rusty360 said:

What model did ya buy? Did ya get the gauge to?

Spartan 2. No gauge have a gauge already and will be connecting wideband  to link ecu 

Prob a dumb question from me but Do I split wires to the gauge or use an ecu analog output to drive the gauge ? 

• Like 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/07/2020 at 21:14, rusty360 said:

What the maximum you can have these away from engine? Can ya do a temp setup and poke it up the tail pipe? I'd imagine this would not be the most accurate thou? Mixing with the outside air etc

I have a 400mm length of pipe with a sensor that clamps inside the tail pipe. Have used it and seems to correlate well to the usual spot.

Rigged my wideband with 2m extension lead and can be battery/cigarette/hardwired depending on the vehicle.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

I have a 400mm length of pipe with a sensor that clamps inside the tail pipe. Have used it and seems to correlate well to the usual spot.

Rigged my wideband with 2m extension lead and can be battery/cigarette/hardwired depending on the vehicle.

Cool this is exactly what I was thinking, how do ya deal with the difference size tail pipes? Could ya take a pic for me?

I not super schooled on these sensors but is there any reason why this kit wouldnt do the trick? I'm happy to solder up the leads etc. And I'm picking the read out will save me buying a gauge. It's just to setup a carb on my old holden.

Screenshot_20200720-214416_Chrome.jpg

Just now, rusty360 said:

I not super schooled on these sensors but is there any reason why this kit wouldnt do the trick? I'm happy to solder up the leads etc. And I'm picking the read out will save me buying a gauge. It's just to setup a carb on my old holden.

That's the one I've ordered so I'll let you know how I get on. I'm assuming it'll save a gauge etc too 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rusty360 said:

Cool this is exactly what I was thinking, how do ya deal with the difference size tail pipes? Could ya take a pic for me?

diameter doesn't need to be very big.  I made one from 25mm box as thats what i had hanging around.  the longer it is the better.  as further can jam it up exhaust more likely to get a accurate reading. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kpr said:

diameter doesn't need to be very big.  I made one from 25mm box as thats what i had hanging around.  the longer it is the better.  as further can jam it up exhaust more likely to get a accurate reading. 

Arh so you mean attach sensor to end of small pipe - box and feed up inside tail pipe? Exhaust gases are cool enough here for the wiring? Does it matter which way the sensor sits in the gas flow? Straight in or sideways?

Cheers!

If had a pipe  that fit tight in the tail pipe, would work good.  but yeh obviously  would only work on one sized exhaust.    so getting it right up there is a good compromise.   also only the tip of the sensor needs to be in exhaust flow. so a long boss for the sensor to screw into is good.  can help with sensor overheating/cooling

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/07/2020 at 02:47, rusty360 said:

I bought one of their original kits that came as a bare pcb and components, and it worked well. 

• Thanks 1