Hyde

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Transom said:

Right time to buy one of these wideband O2 sensor and controller thingys 

had heard good things about spartan 2 setup so ordered from tardme - 2 weeks delivery sweet ... $325 with gauge - email back no stock soonest we can do is mid June maybe .... ok sell me the one without gauge you have listed - oh we don’t have that either = fucktards get some stock don’t be a drop shipper 

Anyway next options  - innovate seems to have masses of fanboys and also a lot of haters 

AEM ? 

or as much as I hate scarles they have prosport wideband with a classic looking gauge that would match my tacho and speedo 

all pretty much the same price all 4.9 sensor 

I bought an AEM, got it for 260 I think. Seems to go good and apparently has one of the fastest reaction times. 

https://www.speedscience.co.nz/products/aem-x-series-wideband-uego-afr-gauge-sensor

• 1 month later...

Would like to give a big UP for 14Point7 customer service 

Ordered one direct from them USA/canadia it bounced around the states for a month then tracking stopped for another few weeks after leaving Newark international distribution centre on usps 

Waited patiently then sent them. Nice email saying it appears to have got lost any ideas I know beyond their control in these crazy times 

Email from them 2 days later with new tracking number on UPS 

First one arrived 3 days later .... sent another email saying ok cool what should we do about the second shipment - arrived today 2 weeks and one week of that was in Auckland 

just found an email in my spam folder that said oh second one don’t worry about it = bonus 

• Like 3

Just now, gibbon said:

slightly hijacking the topic, will a narrowband AFR gauge work with a wideband sensor?

Some/most WB02 controllers have a narrowband output which i guess you could run to a gauge? You'd be better off just having a WB02 gauge though

Narrowband can only say HIGH or LOW

A gauge is meant to show you by how much.

If you connect it up it will just flicker back and forth like crazy. 

Really need a wideband sensor and controller to get any meaningful results, because outside of cruise conditions you never run at stoich anyway.

asking because my project came with an autometer AFR gauge, I assumed it was narrowband, it's labelled "rich" and "lean" but there's about a dozen LEDs on either side of stoich which presumably light up individually, allowing it to display some kind of degree of deviation from stoich... does that mean it's probably a wideband?

The way youll tell if its a wideband or narrowband is looking at the sensor itself. 

Narrowband can be 1, 2, or 4 wire (2 wires are the heater for cold starts)

A wideband sensor has more than 4. Usually a big oval plug on bosch ones.

Usually it will be a bosch 4.2 or bosch 4.9 sensor, if you google image search you can see what these look like compared to a normal narrowband.

A wideband sensor with analog output sends a signal between 0-5v to show how rich or lean it is.

A narrowband just swings to a set high voltage if rich and a set low voltage if lean. (Or vice versa)

On 13/07/2020 at 19:59, Transom said:

Would like to give a big UP for 14Point7 customer service 

Ordered one direct from them USA/canadia it bounced around the states for a month then tracking stopped for another few weeks after leaving Newark international distribution centre on usps 

Waited patiently then sent them. Nice email saying it appears to have got lost any ideas I know beyond their control in these crazy times 

Email from them 2 days later with new tracking number on UPS 

First one arrived 3 days later .... sent another email saying ok cool what should we do about the second shipment - arrived today 2 weeks and one week of that was in Auckland 

just found an email in my spam folder that said oh second one don’t worry about it = bonus 

What model did ya buy? Did ya get the gauge to?