Wideband Sensors ?

Hyde

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Innovate LC-2 and it's worked a treat so far. Only issue is that O2 sensors don't seem to last, but my car is a pile of garbage and that's not the controller's fault.

Originally I was going to buy a 14point7 SLC Pure but they were out of stock at the time. One advantage of those controllers is that it's calibration free.

I have one of the innovate ones, pretty happy with it. Seems to do what it is supposed to, gives a good idea what is happening at least. Only problem I've had was when it was super rich (<10 AFR) the carbon fouled up the sensor a bit which needed cleaned and re-calibrated before it would give decent readings. Entirely my fault, can't fault the product. I got mine from Amazon, bit cheaper and still arrived fairly quickly.

http://www.amazon.com/Innovate-Motorsports-3844-Complete-All-In-One/dp/B004MDT8MW

Only problem I've had was when it was super rich (<10 AFR) the carbon fouled up the sensor a bit which needed cleaned and re-calibrated before it would give decent readings. Entirely my fault, can't fault the product.

Yeah this is my exact problem. Doesn't help that my Link ECU cold start cycle is non-existent so the sensor gets blasted with unburnt shit every time the car starts.

Forgot to mention that the LC-2 is modular which is good as it's easy to move between cars, each one has a DB gauge that simply plugs in. But if you plan to only keep it in one car, the 14point7 is good.

There are two types of Bosch sensors commonly used in most of the wideband kits (LC2 etc)

there's the 4.2 and 4.9

The earlier one (4.2) is prone to shitting itself after not too long (mine lasted... 6 months? 9 months?)

where as the 4.9 is actually used in a lot of OEM cars now because they figured out how to make them last long enough to do so.

After my 4.2 shit itself I upgraded so now it'll hopefully last a lot longer.

But just any FYI / the poor man pays twice / etc

Not worth saving $30 or something and ending up with a sensor that doesnt last too long.

• Like 1

Heat is the biggest thing that kills them. They need to be regulated at 800 deg or something like that. Mounting position is crucial too cloose and youll over heat it and shorten its life span. If your installing it for good its a good idea to use a long socket so that just the snout sticks into the exhaust. Turbos kill them the fastest so a good idea is to mount it around 900mm from the rear of the exhaust housing. You can mount them as far back as you like really they just respond slower and can be annoying if your doing things like acc enrichement etc.

14point7 all the way. That's what I run and is so so much smaller than the LC2, plus it runs individual power and signal ground, which is what you want and pretty sure LC2 doesn't have? Or maybe I got it wrong and that's what isn't good about my 14point7... /ling

14point7 all the way. That's what I run

Your sample size is 1, so it's the worst option you've tried as well as the best :clown:

I was going to get a 14point7 unit but didnt want to wait on shipping so got an LC2 locally same day instead.

• 4 years later...

Right time to buy one of these wideband O2 sensor and controller thingys 

had heard good things about spartan 2 setup so ordered from tardme - 2 weeks delivery sweet ... $325 with gauge - email back no stock soonest we can do is mid June maybe .... ok sell me the one without gauge you have listed - oh we don’t have that either = fucktards get some stock don’t be a drop shipper 

Anyway next options  - innovate seems to have masses of fanboys and also a lot of haters 

AEM ? 

or as much as I hate scarles they have prosport wideband with a classic looking gauge that would match my tacho and speedo 

all pretty much the same price all 4.9 sensor 

Get your money back from the tm seller and buy direct from 14point7, you'll get it pretty quick out of the states even in the current climate (unless they don't have any in stock themselves). Also way cheaper.

Stay away from innovate LC2, or just buy my old one if you want.