Karol Shusbands 72 Skyline, Betty The Hakopotamus. Discussion.

CarolsHusband

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, sheepers said:

From what I know of Richie's H220 I'm going to guess that the caliper is the same as MS65 crown if that's any help to you. 

The is other toyotas that share that caliper but I can't think what it is,  maybe early Corona?

Yeah, that cropped up while i was researching last night. Trouble is we had very little Japanese stuff here in the 60's/ early 70's. Found a firm in 'Murica who seem to have a lot of parts and a decent reputation, Any opinions/experience anybody ?

https://jdm-car-parts.com/

Also thinking about painting the Watanabe's bronze or gold or similar. Thoughts ?

/yeah, it's a GX71 and yeah, I can only dream of that offset but you get my point..

bronze.jpg

@Everbody, thanks, that's brilliant. What a bunch of knowledgeable cunts.

rockauto looks like a good option though I have got a scrap set of Hilux calipers around so I could try them.

@kyteler, thanks for checking that lid, looks like I'll have to repair it. I've never bought from yahoo but I s'pose there's a first time for everything.

26 minutes ago, CarolsHusband said:

@Everbody, thanks, that's brilliant. What a bunch of knowledgeable cunts.

rockauto looks like a good option though I have got a scrap set of Hilux calipers around so I could try them.

@kyteler, thanks for checking that lid, looks like I'll have to repair it. I've never bought from yahoo but I s'pose there's a first time for everything.

It's easy as pie.  I've spent more in Japan than I have in NZ for the 110 and that was before I even visited. 

for bronze wheels i highly recommend the bmw paint code 'A32'i had a paint shop mix me up some paint and i used a compressor ect. but you can probably get it made into an aerosol too. 

i did my old s4 wheels bronze with that code. i did a gloss clear, but a matte or satin clear could be applied depending on what you want.

51544691_2299894680043977_895261189544607744_n.jpg.437d7ec447d14f512bebb0f5b3bf8077.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1