Karol Shusbands 72 Skyline, Betty The Hakopotamus. Discussion.

CarolsHusband

You're basically correct. 

The C10 is the first 'Nissan Skyline' but is the 3rd generation Skyline. 

The last of the S50 series were badged as Nissan Prince Skyline in much the same way the Gloria's of the era were. 

The first Gen. Prince Skyline was sold over here as was the second gen. Third (C10) wasn't but then the Fourth (C110) was sold as the Datsun 240KGT. (and 240KGL out of Australia) 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Giz a geez at your setup? Seems strange that you can't find anything.  I can check around a few places but it may open up your options if the 10 shares these parts with the 110.  They're a super popular car so getting them ex-Japan shouldn't be an issue if it leads to that. 

@mlracing.co.nzmight have had to get some for his so may know. 

• Like 1

Maybe not.  The Z car is a Nissan product and the Skyline was still developed by Prince inside of Nissan so there's a chance that they're put together from different parts bins.  Hopefully not though as access to Z parts is the easiest of all Datsuns. 

• Like 2

@kyteler, looking at rubber-soul's site I think the rears are the same as yours and I have it in my head that pads are the same as the Hilux, I even have a feeling the calipers are a straight-ish swap. i may have to go and have a look on JNC if it's still there, i think they had a Hako compatibility thread running before all the hako owners fucked off ! As you just said,  I don't think much S30 stuff fits.

I'm a virgin as  far as buying stuff from Japan goes. One car and a few CD's from Amazon japan. The importers I've spoken to here get a bit vague when it comes to the older stuff. 

Getting flashbacks to when I was first hunting the car....

On 04/04/2019 at 15:25, kyteler said:

Giz a geez at your setup? Seems strange that you can't find anything.  I can check around a few places but it may open up your options if the 10 shares these parts with the 110.  They're a super popular car so getting them ex-Japan shouldn't be an issue if it leads to that. 

@mlracing.co.nzmight have had to get some for his so may know. 

What am I getting? The brake stuff? If so, can still get the parts easy from Japan, also you can bolt up Hilux 4 pots to the front without issue just need different lines made up. 

• Like 1

On 04/04/2019 at 10:47, CarolsHusband said:

001 small.jpg

Is that the factory exhaust position?

Underside looks very similar to my 510 but the exhaust runs through the crossmember.

Have wondered if that way would work but it always looked too close to the ground?

• Like 1