Dave's drag challenge trailer

Muncie

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remarkably this thing is wof and rego'd as of today passed wof back in February. Currently been used by a sales rep at work to deliver grader blades face palmed the other day rolled up the door at work to find a massive digger bucket strapped to it. Had to call that trip off for him as im sure it would ended in death.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Dug this thing out today as i sold my car that had a tow bar early this year. Finally found one for the golf that wasnt $700.

The advantages of an aluminum trailer are after complete neglect they just need a good water blasting and grease in the bearings ready to roll again.

My wooden tailgate needs a fresh coat of paint though.

15437090163585886563098853213644.jpg

If anyone has 2x 15" tyres cheap off something small id be keen to get these dry rotted 40 year old ones off asap for some peace of mind.

And also to level it out as its jacked as on these 185 90 15's that are originally from a triumph TR5 makes it a bit shit to load scooters on.

Whats the profile ? Cant afford to go much higher than whats on there.

With right tyres if i jackknife this against a curb i can more or less ride my scooter straight on with no ramp which is a handy feature.

2 hours ago, tortron said:

I have some old hankook white lettering 15" 215 a/t on some spare wheels if you want to take them off?

Tailgate is coming along nicely. It drops into a recess in the trailer body has a piece of angle iron across the top to strengthen it and be an attachment point which im setting up with lynch pins this time so it can be popped out without tools. 

Going to fill a few holes and keep laying on the enamel till it looks like a metal panel, been using my roof cavity as a bake oven so i got 3 coats on in 2 hours.

20181209_190949.jpg

• 3 years later...

Just sold the old trailer and bought what im calling the drag challenge trailer...... it of course needs work hasn't moved for years and needs love.

Ex fire demo unit so has all kind of weird shit I'll pull out. Has gullwing doors so should be useful for loading shit into and storing bikes etc safely.

Has duratorque axles and is pretty beefy construction $500 cant go wrong apart from its 100ks away and has 2 flat tyres and some mongrel stole the tail light wiring.

IMG_20221019_204304_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_20221019_204320_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_20221019_204339_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's setup with lpg bars solenoids etc for massive flame demo's could be exciting but think it's probably non functioning now from sitting so long I'm not game to play with it. BBQ could fit in ass where fire box is though I like that idea.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was up in Auckland for work yesterday so spent an hour on it got tyres with air on the galvanised modgys. Cleaned the shit out of inside mostly. Hopefully will drag it home this weekend.

I'm going to have to wire up the tail lights before I leave because some mongrel stole the loom from it since I started looking at it about 6 months ago.

Alloy has some scabby areas so might spot sandblast those and just house paint it to a reasonable standard.

IMG_20221102_060934_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_20221102_060941_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

Dragged it home from Auckland today She's pretty heavy so will start gutting all the unwanted shit out and think about tidying it up.

Tows well is pretty nose heavy though rear door must weigh 80kg cos it's full off flame proofing shit.

IMG_20221105_184129_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 1