Dave's drag challenge trailer

Muncie

Scored this from the huntly transfer station today for 20$ its solid as! some surface rust on the frame but easily buffed up. Tyres were a bit perished so my old triumph wheels went straight on. http://i.imgur.com/czjVEJT.jpg

Cant decide to tidy up or leave as is tray is off a 110 landy i think and is all alloy weighs sweet fuck all i changed wheels over 1 handed holding trailer up with the other.

• Like 7

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7"s are all itll take by the looks tyres are bees dick from rear leaf spring mount however a healthy dose of slam is possible if i do a C notch and a bit inner guard work. Going to fit some shocks because it gets the hell bounce on due to being so light hopefully it will tame it a bit.

So today saw that shitty basket up front come off so many huge blobby welds massive chunks of rebar to cut thru. Drawbar all cleaned up and painted satin black zinc paint. Tmrw may see whole body get painted red or black got paint to do either colour hmm. Washed it down to see what i was working with white paint has been done with a brush guessing house paint it all basically fell off.

led lamps are win but pretty dear for decent quality and decent looking ones. 

I'm pretty keen to get some new lamps for my landy from rimmer bros. if you're keen to get some you can jump on board with my order :)

i need a full set for mine (mine has a mixture of fucked hella bodge options) 

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-RTC5523P

i also have some brand new hella ones that may suit at work. 

prolly $50 for two tail and two indicators

2389.jpg

http://hella.com.au/cgi-bin/catalogue-hkg.pl?flcmd=preview&flmaint=1150

• Like 1

Super cheap auto had a special on what i assume were an unpopular trailer light today absolutely perfect period style 63mm round jobbies so for under 40 bucks i got 2 amber and 2 red when fitting them found them to have leds too. Not exactly landy style but do look right. Oh and i painted it too and made a tailgate as it never had one. tmrw should have pics of what will likely be its finished guise for a while.

• Like 1

what's she look like underneath? much of a chassis or is it old landrover underpinnings?

It has a basic frame to support the floor and has a standard trailer style solid axle with leaf springs few blisters here and there but very solid someone had replaced the drawbar not to long ago with 5x50 box section shes good to go but will roll it over and get a wire wheel on it then some 2 pot.