Jordens 88 XF Falcon

Jorden

So i live in kaiapoi and i needed a car to fit in with the locals.
This came up for sale on trademe without photos and i couldnt get a hold of him, till one day i posted on Dirty South advertising and got linked to the sellers profile. Went to look at it the next day, brought it.

Basically when i was looking for one it had to be Column/Benchy so we could pack the boys in and go for a cruise. It has been in one family for most of its life and i am the fifth registered owner.
Genuine 194xxx kms!!

Here it is when i first got it.
15ocz7l.jpg
27wt3s7.jpg

Discussion Thread
  • Like 5

Instead of cutting springs i did it properly and brought cobras + monroes which set me back 500 odd and gave me the same ride quality.. haha

Took the hubcaps off because they didnt look dirty enough

And on the R/F lower guard i fixed the only rust on the car but unfortunately couldnt find the paint code to match up some paint for it properly, even after the spray stores best attempts

25tcksz.jpg
wat7wj.jpg

• Like 3

After lowering i had to find some rims, couldn't find 8" tridents below one million dollars, so was on the look out for some 12 slots. A mate ended up giving me a full set of them for free and the rear ones had the centers flipped = dish
So i ran it round for several weeks like this, standards on front, big dish on rear looking really bogan till i could afford eagers and to get them sand blasted.
4lmx4o.jpg
iyh8qs.jpg

• Like 3

So ive just been cruising it round and using it as a daily
It was good fun on crate day trying to get over bumps and shitty roads with 5 of us in it, without scraping the bottom of the towbar on everything, this is pretty much how it was sitting

2e0r1gi.jpg

Im currently trying to find a 9" so i can do a proper 351c conversion on it

• Like 3

In the glove box were $2000 worth of receipts for recent brake work/servicing etc which was nice to see.
There was also the original owners manual and service book, with the original owners details and abit of its early service history , where it was purchased from etc

2h3ra4h.jpg

I went to butler auto mart yesterday as somehow i stumbled upon headlight protectors on their website!
The box looked like itd been sitting for 10+ years and i would not be surprised if it actually had. They have one pair left if anyone wants to grab them.
It had genuine ford protectors on there originally but both were cracked, so i replaced them with these Aunger ones, same people who make the louvres.

Now from front on it looks like its wearing kanye west glasses, ill try get a proper photo soon.

e9zokl.jpg
2ymwv9h.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Last week i priced up a respray and decided to attack all of the rust, dents and scratches.
Here it is with the front guards off, the worst rust was underneath them, and you can see half of it sitting on the ground
After i fixed the rust i primed and sprayed rubberized underbody spray on the inside of the guards

erhn6b.jpg
11c89zc.jpg
2qbx7pw.jpg

So anyway the guards are back on now, rust has been fixed, the dents and scratches that have been fixed have been primed and there's now only a few little things to do before its ready to be sprayed. :-)[/center]
And ive only been pulled up for one random license and breath test :profileright:

2ljni9y.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

i had the car running with that motor, and before the kaikoura hop i went to do an oil change and found a lot of bearing in the oil. It all got pulled out, rebuilt, and then i lost a lot of motivation to put it all back together.

January this year, my friend asked if we could get it ready for his wedding in april, i said yea why not.

Here are photos of the panel process, i couldnt find the exact factory blue, so decided on a colour with a bit more of a pop to it. I decided to do the engine bay and door jams all at the same time. Came out alright, it was my second time playing with BC/CC and was lucky enough to get to paint it at work. Most of the car was straight anyway, i had to get the rear window removed to attack some rust, the rest happened really quickly.

thumbnail_MVIMG_20200201_180913.jpg.8665c8f416105b00227cf474edce16f8.jpgthumbnail_MVIMG_20200208_155646.jpg.4940f18b513520bfb67373311093f92c.jpgthumbnail_MVIMG_20200208_192844.jpg.1942372663943652236eb3042656e3da.jpgthumbnail_MVIMG_20200209_124401.jpg.7928f5b4954196ea4e208fdbc515228c.jpg

• Like 6

I had a couple of mates come over to help put the steering box, brake booster and then motor and trans in. Everything went together fairly easily. Before i painted the car i split the factory looms that usually ran across the firewall, extended them and ran them along the crossmemeber and under the guards etc to hide them.

youll also notice the extra bumper.... strength in the first photo :roll:

thumbnail_Snapchat-875200344.thumb.jpg.2a5456907e2d72279518689c99d02b9c.jpgreceived_190623978713801.jpeg.f9071ec51cd679db51bc153fb389d57d.jpeg

When i first bought the motor it was dry sumped, i fucked that off because i didnt really need it and went to wet sump. The block doesnt have provisions for a spin on filter, so im running a remote System 1 filter you can see on the passenger side.412003849_thumbnail_Snapchat-242759836(2).jpg.b7c6c97b57e010fdf410876a7a1eb76e.jpgthumbnail_Snapchat-1621676937.thumb.jpg.c82e137350143cd8fbdcf8c2bf5b43cc.jpg

• Like 6