Moped NZ's fs50 Build

Mop Head

Found 2 wheels, thouhgt there was more but it turns out other Suzuki's have smaller brake drums and don't fit over the shoes on an AZ/Let's.

7a4MbWi.jpg

9BYE4uS.jpg

Kinda want to keep the black one though, my Let's rear wheel is worse than the one in the pics!!

I rode with that wheel for a few days before swapping to the wheels with the bigger tyres, didn't feel buckled or anything, I just think someone got a bit over enthusiastic changing tyres!

• Like 1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah mate I'm sure I can put them to good use!

Currently my fuel/oil tanks are hanging from cable ties lol

Let me know if there's any other bits you need too, I've got a few bits and pieces sitting around, have a decent after market variator that takes the common 16x13 rollers rather than the harder to find 17x12 that Suzuki use.

• Like 1

Had 5 minutes spare for the first time this week, gave her the degreaser/hose treatment. Still a decent way to go, but much better than before:

S8Q6Yk9.jpg
zVsYSmz.jpg

Hoping to find some time on Sunday to get stuck into mocking up with the fs50 before hitting the engine head on.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah bro I can put them to good use for sure!

Are you still going to run a pod filter on this?

Let me know if you need any other bits too.

I'll give that variator a clean up and post a pic for you later.

I'm not sure on the pod filter now I'll be using the new engine, but it's still an option. 

No doubt there will be a few parts I'll need shortly but I'll cross that bridge when it comes. Thanks for that mate. I'll sort out postage for you this coming week hopefully.

• Like 1

Today I found time to strip the fs50, not a difficult job. 

mC9pFly.jpg

Found an old WOF tag deep inside the frame amongst a bunch of old crud and oil:

bwtnEc5.jpg

XYRnI8K.jpg

The old manufacturers tag which has been painted over at some point:

tqH0Clc.jpg

Off to wash world for a quick degrease and wash:

FfvwyiX.jpg

idEg7JN.jpg

Woooo, finally can see inside the frame, she's in not to bad shape. I can thank the oil build up there for that I think:

ta5nI7F.jpg

Post wash:

QWTWkL8.jpg

Aaaand finally she's up on the meat hook:

jxn6WDv.jpg

Ready for a bit of a sand, paint and then time to mock mount the new heart!

• Like 2

Looking good!

I'm very interested to see how easily the late engine goes into the FS.

And yeah let me know what bits you end up needing and I'll see what I can do, if you do go with the pod I've got a large assortment of the 4mm jets to suit the stock carb here to tune it with, also I'd be interested in the stock airbox :oops:.

Oh and if your looking for bits online for that engine it is NOT actually a Morini engine and 95% of parts for Suzuki scooters will not fit!!

They were only used on 3 models between 97 and 2004 as far as I can find, the only thing Morini about them is the stroke length and the cylinder bolt pattern.

• Like 1

Cheers mate, was contemplating mocking up a small extension mount to stretch it out a bit, just gotta play with the loom and see how long it is first, don't wanna make anything harder than it needs to be.

Thanks for the heads up too! Might be using the stock air box for now, but won't know for a wee while. I can get that tank etc boxed up and sent out this week no problems. I'll PM ya.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

p5PcEcF.png
N9QQZUB.png
6yfwmFT.png

Slowly getting money/time for this bike. Rattle cans getting mixed up for the same colour, have chosen a headlight and tail light from Aliexpress too. They'll be here eventually. Hopefully paint can be sorted before then. 
Trying to make it as clean as possible, nothing jutting out etc. Will see how it goes legalities-wise, but I have couple of (legal) tricks up my sleeve.

Planning on putting the tiny LED bar behind the headlight and pointing angled down, helping with the illumination. Will try it with a separate switch from everything else. Anyway, until the next time.

• Like 1