KK's C50 Scoot.

KKtrips

So as I've always been keen to jump on any old bandwagon, I too have decided to get myself a little scoot for some summer cruising.

Picked myself a bargain from Kicker and it was kindly dropped off to my lockup a month or so back by the lovely Joe and Jeremy.

I was busy with other things up until now but found myself with a spare hour or two on Wednesday and ripped into getting it running which was extremely easy.

Having not ridden a motorbike for several (read 20) years I went for a quick jaunt up and down the road reminding myself about clutchless 3 speeds and how smooth they are not to ride. That will come with time though.

Plans are

• Change the handlebars to a bicycle type.
  • Run a digital bike speedo.
  • Mount a headlight nice and low on the forks.
  • Tidy up the leg guard cracks with a few coloured cable ties and a JDM shopping list :wink:
  • Build up a thicker seat for me bum.
  • Tidy up the rust with a bit of a combination of rust killer, paint or part replacement.
  • Some new rear shocks with a higher spring rating for my fat ass.
  • Change the gear shifter into an up-down toe shifter rather than heel and toe cos my big feet seem to make it difficult.
  • Also want to change the rear brakes to a left hand control. I'm used to it on pushbikes and also will satisfy my symmetrical OCD requirements.

Not sure if parts are available to do all of these things or if I need to fabricate but will start scouring round the internet now - unless someone else has seen these parts and can put me in the right direction.

Pic for thread...

20130531_165417.jpg

and another

IMG_20151111_202659949_zpskae5rbjv.jpg

This is the kinda look I want to go for - but narrower bars. (I know its a Yamaha)

FxhiDOW.jpg

• Like 6

Good looks governor!

Don't change the bike to suit OCD; change the OCD to learn the bike. You don't need to use the rear brake as much as a push bike, so leave it as foot spec. I ride BMX, MTB, road bike, CB750 and AX100, and they all have different combinations of brakes and gear shift. It becomes second nature when you get on each steed.

I heel and toe change on the AX100 with my size 12.5. But on the flip side of that, folks I know will saw off the back half of the gear leaver, if you leave your bike unattended for too long!

Cool that this bike has gone from one GC to another!

• Like 1

Awesome! Cool to see more c50's being built. Leg-shields are pretty easy to get if you need a replacement. I may have about 5 coming here in the new year. 

The dudes in the UK are right into the custom cubs and they have the best place for checking out how to's and locations to buy stuff. Camphill Chop Shop is the group on facebook. 

I'm using an aftermarket swing arm on mine to fit a 4.5" rim in the rear, you can go about 3.0" wide if you keep the standard one. Keeping an eye on the build! Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions about parts etc.  :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I will check my parts box when I get home but should have a proper foot shifter lying around, the lifans normally come with one and i have been through a few. 

Give that thing some 140cc goodness is my vote :) 

Ah is that the tyres you wanted? Goldenboys, cheap as from Boyals. they come in 17 inch for sure. 

• Like 1