Guypie's Villiers Veloscoot

Guypie

I thought I would make a build thread on this since I never did when I built it, maybe it will give someone that last little kick of motivation to get their velobike up and running for Dromageddon.

Heres prettymuch what I started off with:

gzobTqQ.jpg

after a bit of cutty weldy etc came up with this:

gsmI9oU.jpg

rCac5cQ.jpg

front end not attached it that photo just there for mock up.

the rear wheel mounts:

mzOk0sk.jpg

one side of the frame flips open so you can remove the engine, I used some valves and valve guides from a mini 998 head that I rebuilt once upon a time for the hinges

Wlt4Gvk.jpg

L1Kw8R0.jpg

JIyBHyZ.jpg

its held closed by this bolt

3qkxxfg.jpg

more to come...

• Like 4

Home made clutch lever hinge:

sY6i4zy.jpg

Super simple drive train:

gqBDKZI.jpg

Slowly starting to look like a thing. I dont have a pipe bender so all the bends are cut on an angle, welded and ground smooth

1kOwXLl.jpg

jCkTOrB.jpg

294i7gg.jpg

slightly artsy fartsy picture:

yLNIDpV.jpg

Made a pink exhaust pipe and intake manifold. Stole the nifty fifty carburettor off the briggs velobike. Also, MDF seat that slides onto the bit that holds the 2 sides together.

hEInzNd.jpg

rSjurv7.jpg

I thought about using this seagull tank for petrol but decided it didnt look right:

mgvWBDL.jpg

• Like 2

I really wanted to keep the tank down low so I used a old brass spray bottle, I will probably try to find a bigger tank to use in future as it only goes for about 10 laps before running out of fuel. I dont know how it can use so much fuel because its dead slow, top speed is about 45-50kph. I upholstered the seat in denim.

wBcapQ1.jpg

Copper fuel lines are soldered to a steel support

ZVT60lh.jpg?1

ad9tCKU.jpg

Fuel is pumped up to the tank at the top by the vacuum fuel pump. I found the pump made too much pressure to go straight to the carb it would fire up and flood the carburettor almost instantly. so it has a fuel return line with a mig jet soldered into the and drilled out to 2mm to regulate the pressure. it still makes quite a bit of pressure though, I cracked the solder joint on the little tank at the top when getting on it one day and it squirted fuel about a meter in the air wile it was running.

I fixed the crack with polyester resin and fibreglass cause thats what I had at the time. you can see the repair in this picture

oY0nX3e.jpg

jyNWjUa.jpg?1

after dromageddon 3 I decided it was too flexy so I put in gussets and the spring for the clutch was in the way, so I moved it to another location.

88Xfuxv.jpg

v9UB5pn.jpg

8Sj1mxO.jpg

F34ptzM.jpg

• Like 5