Driveshaft for my Coupe

R3spct

Ive been trying to get my head around what driveshaft i need for my car.

Im running a 5 speed box, which im led to believe uses the same front yoke and is just a bolt in job. But im also using a H165 rear axle from a Ute, which has a different flange.  I thought i could just swap the flange off the ute shaft, but the UJ is different, so its looking like the only option is to get the ute UJ welded to the coupe shaft, but then i need to work out a length, and its 300 to get all the work done and balanced.

Is there a axle that is direct bolt in for the H165 diff and 5 speed box in a coupe? And would anyone have one?

Its a Kb110 Coupe, not a 2 door sedan.

Ive done some measuring and it looks like the spline is fine for the gearbox end, and the 5 speed is the same length as the 4 speed case,  but the diff flange is about 45mm longer from the centerline of the diff housing.  It looks at this stage that i will have to get the shaft made up by ADL.  

Stock shaft for all sedan and coupe is 1190mm center to center, mine will need to be 1145 to make it fit right in.  

The rear universal is a different size to the flange on the ute shaft, so its not a matter of just swapping the flange, which is what i thought it would be.  

Look for a decent B310 drive shaft.

They have a decent thick tube, and some of them have the replaceable UJ's, (Rather that the ghey staked ones) 

Pretty sure there's a sunny shaft witht he same rear flange as you GB120 diff. 

Bad news is, you'll have to get it shortened. AFIK there is no shaft the right length. (The GB110's had a two piece shaft)

• Like 1