FlyingBricks NF75

Shakotom

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have spent hour after hour trying different combinations over and over. The internet wasnt really a huge help either as theres so many slight variations of the same thing.

Eventually pulled the stator cover off and found a loose wire :-D where it had broken at the solder and crimp

Then looked in there and found what wire colors were going to be doing what

Took the huge wear out of the points using my dremel and diamond wheel (fuck that things great) and reset it to like .5mm all the way open (i have no idea what its supposed to be)

Put it all together and still no joy.:cry:

By now i have FOUR coils here- each one slightly different feom the next. My brand new coil was doing nothing, next newest coil doing nothing.. every test says the stator is doing what it should..then in desperation i try one of the really old coils in the box.

WTF it worked? Its got a larger body than the others- the steel laminations extend out and around the body of the coil AND it says something about 6v on the side.

Now we all know this is a 6v bike but i had absolutely no clue that these coils came in 6 or 12 volt!!! 

Then spent more time learning how important short wiring and clean earth connections are on these things- pretty sure that side of stuff is now ready to go!!

Next was the starter lever. It was a funny one to diagnose and not as obvious as you'd think- however the large semi circular gear is now off and the shaft out. I need to press the gear flat again, re machine the circlip grooves, buy some thicker circlips and a few washers to use as shims and thrust washers. 

Hopefully in a few afternoons i can cruise around with no brakes 

(Officially back to where tom was when he purchased the thing, lol)

20180129_173039-1209x1612.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:11, flyingbrick said:

Wiss are bloody good but $$ and i never seem to see them for sale when needed. Youd lose them before ya wear them out 

I have  set of footprint brand brought them in mid 70s and still cut nicely thin slivers of panel steel no folding on the edge

• Like 1

Hey man. I need to bring my seat in for foam and covering. Heres a vid. 

I covered the seat with epoxy and then pushed scrunched up tinfoil into the surface.. whenthe resin had cured i sanded back the high spots and xovered with more resin.. then sanded and repeated. Its pretty much like glass to touch- a few ripples but nothing that makes me want to do any more sanding.

You can see a few spots where larger areas were taken away by sanding. Not what i intended but its all character and i do not care.

The finished result is quite awesome and would have been really badass had my base color been either black or red.

I have also done much sanding on the frame and wheels to get rust out... Primed with zinc and will paint properly later.

I made my own handle bars out of straight tube (machined the cwnter to fit my clamps, pressed in a tube to reinforce where its been machined and knurled the ends where the grips go)

No waiting on headlight, front fairing, exhaust, foot pedals and fuel line to arrive.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tortron said:

Centre mount and clocked to deadline @ 12 oclock

Cant rotate this one in the mount..and way too hard coz its already bolted down there (just bent bracket and bolted to fork stud thing.

4 minutes ago, Kimjon said:

Oh i do like that tacho...more information please?

Have a chat to @Raizer about it. Its sturdy with a metal body- far nicer than the chrome plastic i was expecting.

I have to wait for tubes now.. dammit! Should have ordered them earlier.

• Like 2