FlyingBricks NF75

Shakotom

Scored this off Guypie back in April for a steal.

17299060965_56e58216c9_c.jpgUntitled by OR4NGE, on Flickr

Its in unknown condition, partially dismantled and has something wrong with the kick start causing it to jam everything up when kicked.

Plan is to get it going and chop it up to make it less dorky.

I pulled the covers off the drive side and found the kickstart was missing the cir-clip that limits the travel so it was over extending and jamming into the clutch. Rummaged in the tool box and found a couple of cir-clips with a 16mm internal diameter to match the shaft. Fitted them and rechecked. Engages with the kickstart gear, turns the motor over and doesn't jam. MINT

But the kickstart lever doesnt spring back into position like all other bikes kickstart levers do

22568847059_5981a19669_z.jpgUntitled by OR4NGE, on Flickr

22542658587_2febc5c109_z.jpgUntitled by OR4NGE, on Flickr

With being able to find next to no information of NF75's on google and minimal motorbike knowledge... Anything there look out of the ordinary?

Next lot of questions for you lot.

[/url]Untitled by OR4NGE, on Flickr

Motor turns over easy and appears to generate some form of compression but when i removed the carb to clean that out, found the crankcase has some signs of rust/water damage. leave it and run it or pull it apart and clean it out?

or see if it runs and then dismantle and clean properly later?

22947615122_e63fbd5b80_z.jpgUntitled by OR4NGE, on Flickr

the rear hub is a reduction gear drive setup and lever seems to engage/disengage drive.

22542712518_120a801d56_z.jpgUntitled by OR4NGE, on Flickr

carbs off and ready to go to work to be cleaned out tomorrow.

Nearest bit of info ive found is a manual on a honda PA-50 which seems a bit hit and miss. 

chyeah

• Like 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filled crankcase up and Soaked it all in CRC/combustion chamber cleaner/parts cleaner gave a bit of a scrape and got all the loose stuff off.

And cleaned/ rebuilt crab so put that on after turning engine upside down to get all the liquid out.

She'll be right. (125cc Honda clones are cheap enough if it packs a sad)

Just trying to find a coil as coils goosed mate

Honda shops had it since Wednesday and no luck so far

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/8FcAa_4uDzkEiFrTGSON6IEPDg1i0px9ME_2buPCs2-ZXslxkWUVGekuiO15mQuxF6TeG2u4NWyO9goFuOBKEUV4Rft4C-1D29wnoOk=w443-h332-nc

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bikedatauk?_dmd=1&_nkw=Nf75

Pa50 hobbit / camino has the same vmatic trans so possibly witing etc is similar? 1977mopeds definitely has the stators for a hobbit camino

Bout as good as i can find..

• Like 1

This is the aforementioned circlip that was/still is giving me grief. It will hold fine for about four kicks them will slightly pop out of the groove and let the kickstart over extend and jam up. So every four kicks, Its poke it with a object and itll sit back into the groove

23147736881_e07c6a87e8_z.jpgDSC_0464 by OR4NGE, on Flickr

I pulled the carb off, and took it to work to soak in carb cleaner

22513367374_63ef474394_z.jpgUntitled by OR4NGE, on Flickr

Gave it a once over and put it all back together

22717690348_c96ee53ffb_z.jpgUntitled by OR4NGE, on Flickr

First thing I wanted to do was check for spark but,as it was missing a spark plug, and the HT lead coming out of the coil was fairly well past its used by date, and the lead being part of the coil. I checked for power to the coil. Yup.

Took the coil/bike details to my local Honda motorcycle shop to see if they could find me a coil/plug. Gave it a few days with out hearing back from them so went and collected my coil off them. "waiting for honda to reply to our email"

Meh.I wanted to see if this will run before spending money on it really, so pulled the lead out of the coil, stripped some insulation off some left over HT lead from when I made a new lead for the FA50, Jammed that in the end of the coil and checked continuity. Yup.

Scavanged a plug end off a old set of leads and jammed that on the end of the HT lead. Spark plug from a two stroke stationary engine to check for spark. PRESENT AND ACCOUNTED FOR!

Assembled all that onto the motor, mixed up some fuel and put that in the tank. Primed the carb and about 30 odd kicks later, It spluttered into life and smoked like a train as there must still be carb cleaner/crc mix from crankcase. 

Turned it off, Pumped up the tyres, Fitted the drive belt and gave it another kick and it coughed into life. So of course, I engaged the drive to the rear wheel and gingerly rode it down the drive and back. (no brake cables) So it runs. whats next? of course not making sure the carbs set up right ectect...

I removed the huge seat, carrier rack, indicators, headlight and all the unnecessary things. Flipped the bars, screwed some bolts into the rear passanger foot rest mount holes as they are missing and ended up with this.

23147763371_e90c5c9ae1_z.jpgDSC_0454 by OR4NGE, on Flickr

Plan is to of cousrse get it running a bit better, because it doesnt go very hard for a 75cc bike (I think the FA is quicker at present)

safety stuff like get the rear brakes working, new fat tyres. and minimise the wiring to just the basics to run it 

Then look into getting new bars so they sit in front of or in line with the forks. sort a low profile seat and probably hardtail the rear end/lower the front

22514954543_78b753f405_z.jpgDSC_0457 by OR4NGE, on Flickr

• Like 4

For about the 12th attempt of writing this reply before phone closes the page/doesn't post.

I fitted a brand new circlip from local engineering shop, but the problem is that the groove the circlip sits in is worn slightly, it has worn into a slight ramp on the outer edge so it gradually works its way up/open. I really need to pull it out so I can get it opened up to fit a second circlip in there properly which will also get rid of the slight play in the circlip in the groove which probably doesn't help.

Might try wiring it shut for now as a temporary fixture for the weekend.

Got new parts sitting at bike shop for it, so I should get that when I get home tomorrow!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new coil, and the correct plug for it the night before Dromeageddon. fitted them and rode it to the bottom of the street and back. Ran okay.

Loaded it into the trailer and took it down. Kick started it, rode one lap and it cut out. Fiddled with carb, Kickstarted again and it jammed up. It ejected the circlip into the grass never to be seen again. Went to Repco and bought a multi pack of circlips. Fitted that and rode one lap before it lost all drive to the rear wheel.

22787167534_64865a72c2_z.jpgNF by OR4NGE, on Flickr

At Sams, I decided to fire it up one more time to see what was wrong with it. It started and ran like a champ and magically fixed all its previous issues over night but was gutless. So I removed the exhaust and it went way better. Hooned around the dirttrack for a bit and forgot it only had a front brake which resulted in some super sketchy moments.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

MINE, thanks @Shakotom

Going for the rusty minimalist look, I got stuck in today. Still full of enthusiasm from the ride yesterday.

I realized the other half of the swingarm was under the belt guard (I thought the belt side was completely different until looking)- so drilled out the spot welds. Then removed a few other bolt on brackets and ordered another coil 3 in the box, the only one that kinda worked sent millions of volts through the frame like some kinda april fools gag.

I also calculated the size of my new fuel tank- exactly two liters. How big is the tank on that bike you had yesterday Tom? 

27018507_10212542820300151_1127457838_o.jpg

27265255_10212542818620109_1871334902_o (1).jpg

• Like 3