Moped NZ's c50 Streetcub Build

Mop Head

So a few more parts have been arriving. This is my new brake lever/reservoir from Racing Boy. It's a limited edition run for the Thai group, only 500 produced so far and I've got one! Sadly it's stuck in Thailand till I head there next in a couple of months. 

vnkA65p.jpg

Finishing the hubs today in time for lacing the rims this weekend. Small steps...

• Like 3

Nothing too exciting today. Just polishing. Half way there. I had planned to paint the hubs black but now I'm just opting to do the rear brake plate, as it will match the front disc which is also black. Then shiny mirror hubs will look pretty awesome hopefully. I did manage to short out the ancient bench polisher though, so only finished about 80% of the rear hub. Hope to have everything ready for lacing this weekend! 

The goal is to have tyres mounted Monday as the whole frame/tail/forks depend on the final size of the tyres when inflated and ready to go

541F4I1.jpg

• Like 3

Small early weekend update on the mighty c50 build. 

After the bench polisher being sorted out I had another go on the hubs before heading home with an epic load of goodies:
Yqu5ldf.jpg

I also mocked up the shortened tail, most of these Street Cubs chop the tail as I have an leave it. But living in NZ, with the ol' 4 seasons/1 day situation I'm pretty keen to keep just enough to stop spray from the rear wheel. Here is the test placement, will have to fit the wheel before deciding if it's gonna work:
iE2dWQV.jpg
Once home, I decided to give the lacing a go:
RMzsz75.jpg

After multiple failed attempts and varied swear words, I managed to get them to the point of true-ing. Which I'll be able to begin next week. 

Here's a final pic, showing the disc/caliper set up with the racing boy shocks:
Ay8L5Iw.jpg

That's enough for now. Will get onto it again in the new week. 

• Like 7

Cheers man! Good to speak with you. Yeah, I import Racingboy Rims and the Boushi swingarms direct from the factory. This build is almost a show case of all the parts I'm able to get. 

Currently trying to sort the new engine! When speaking with a country that doesn't use English as a first language, conversations that would normally take minutes face to face end up taking a whole week over the net. Haha.

Haha cheers mate. Yeah they are becoming like hens teeth now, especially in the North Island. A couple of guys have been forced to re-rego their lapsed plates as 50cc motorbikes, and they now need a WOF every 6 months. Defeats the point of having a c50 really. 

So any with live rego/on hold are shooting up in cost. I paid about $450 for this in parts, rego on hold. - Back in Feb.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had much time for the c50 at the moment, just part hunting and twiddling thumbs waiting for them to arrive. 

I did do another tail light placement, think I'm gonna keep going with this idea:
iRL5ra5.jpg

Seat arrived today too! Excitement, can't wait to see it on the bike:

jECzYXr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting on black spokes and polished hubs to arrive. I won't be pursuing the disc brake option with this bike. Due to the leading link suspension, the disc would end up being more of a show piece than anything with my plans, the last thing i"ll need is more weight. 

So if anyone wants a nice disc, hub and caliper set up let me know. This set up here: 
1CZ2gI3.jpg

Disc, hub, caliper and bolts. If anyone is keen here, send me a message and I'll sort something out. 

• Like 1