Headlining install - help needed

toy-mota

So after removing my old headline and installing my 2nd hand one (out of a wreaked car).would it have shrunk? It appears to be 10-15mm short ,pulling on it tightly gets it but there's a lot of tension needed to do that.

Also there was a glue that was used to hold it to the door frames,what would be a good glue to use again?

I did try a Google search but ended up with newer cars.mine is held in with 5 steel bars ,trim and glue

Pulled from same year sedan crown

Thanks

They can shrink if they are out of the car for a while, try leaving it in the sun on a hot day as it should soften it up so it can be streched easyer. ados f2 spray glue is what we use at work for gluing trim back down, just make sure you not going to need to pull it out again as it can be hard to get things un glued if you need to move them.

• Like 3

they are always a pain to get back in

first off, check all the folds where the rods run through, good idea to repair and reinforce them now. the rods may have rusted a little and worn holes through the fabric

then leave the whole lot in the sun, or inside a trashbag in a tub of warm water.

then its just a case of putting it all back where it came from. i usually start at the back. slot both ends of the wire in, angled towards the back of the car, then pull it forwards to lock it in place.

after sweating, getting crap from the roof in my eyes, and generally deciding to never work on a car again, i go around with a bluntened paint scraper/putty knife and push al lthe ends back up to where they need to be

• Like 3