Danger's BMW fetish

danger

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I like the BBS's. Tried the other wheels on but they are a little big in 18x 8.5/9.5 and way heavier.

tc1i4szh.f1p.jpg

tpl0swfe.gps.jpg

I'd like to lower it more but I probably wont. I have lower springs but seems a dumb move to swap out the eibachs for stupid cobras or something.

^ this is also relevant to my interests. I have a b28 in my e36 and it feels like it has two different power curves, 1 below 2500 and then a funzone after, but quite a marked step, thinking it might be Vanos related.

Quite possible. The factory seals are made for warranty periods and thats about it. mine was dead below about 3k, but post seals pulled like a train throughout the rev range. 

• Like 1

I have a E36 328 sedan that has done just over 280,000 kms, and lately it seems a little hesitant at low revs. Never thought about looking at VANOS seals. It is a single vanos M52B28. It has been super reliable, I have had it since 160,000. The only major I have had to do was the ABS pump. Goes round corners real good too.

• 9 months later...

Still have silver coupe, getting stripped it out track car spec. Motor is half out waiting on light flywheel and clutch to fit up the ZF 5 speed.

Still have another coupe that I need to wof and sell.

Bought this on Sat.

0odspzob.zuo.jpg

M3 Evo 6 speed. Love it, so fun to drive.

• Like 3

Yup its an evo. Built December '98 and registered as a '99 so must be one of the last of the E36's.

Finally tried out the roof yesterday and the mechanism works perfect.

Immediate plans are to fix a bit of rust in the back end, do maintenance, respray bumpers and fit M3 mirrors (not sure why it wasn't optioned with them)

May paint my Style 32s black and see how they look on it against the black roof.