Classic Car Auction - Ohaupo - 7th November

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you please check if that supercharged T-top AW11 listed in lot 97 is manual or auto, and how rusty it is, and possibly let me know?

May be a lost cause as it'll be difficult to gauge how much it'd sell for, plus the interested party may not get their shit together in time to consider bidding on it, even if it meets their requirements.

/lingout

• Like 1

Toyota MR2 Super # TW7061 O Hold (97)      

If it's too much hassle, never mind. I just figured that if you're checking stuff out for other people like random wheels and "02s" then this would only take another 5 minutes of your time.

Your first post basically said 'can you check out an MR2' and then you pretty much talked me out of checking it out. In the same post.

Plus the ling reference at the end meant that I thought you didn't want it. Please be a bit clearer next time.

I'm happy to look at the MR2 provided the person who wants it (still don't know if that's you or somebody you know) actually intends to buy it. 

The other bits I'm looking at are for people who really want them, some have even given me money to buy a few things on their behalf. So as long as you're serious, yes I can check it out.

I had the afternoon free, so took a look over the preview today. Sorry, didn't see the MR2 post, as I walked straight past it so would have happily peered through the window at the gear stick, poked a few panels etc.

I did take a look at the piles of wheels and couldn't see any listed specifically for 2002s but there was a lot 145 - Set of BMW Mag wheels. I could find every number but lot 145 but there were 3 x Enkei  4 stud 14" mesh rims sitting amongst the other wheels and a 2002 steel rim set aside nearby, so I'm guessing that's it. 3 wheels is probably no use but from what I remember, they looked a but like these:

DSC_7396.jpg

Except 4 stud and I'm pretty sure not split rim. Helpfull, eh?!

• Like 1

Ed,

Had a quick look over Supercharged MR2.

It had axles in boot.

Couldn't see intercooler, wasn't on top of engine.

Targa top was taped up.

Was manual.

AW11's outside,

Red is auto

Silver manual

White manual

Was having a pie in Ohaupo before going out to have a look. Some asian in a blue AW11 MR2 goes past. I get to auction preview and the guy is checking out MR2's.

• Like 2

What myk00l said, the SC AW has the motor half dropped / half installed. It looked like they had got half way to getting it out. Body was fairly tidy.

Jlaing90 - that 124 is WELL worth buying. Good condition body and tidy engine bay. 

I'm now heading to Taupo tomorrow instead of the auction... Neal, if you read this, I'd like to put a small bid on the red AW if you're willing to help? I'm pretty sure it's lot #10 (red auto one). I'll PM you. 

• Like 1

What myk00l said, the SC AW has the motor half dropped / half installed. It looked like they had got half way to getting it out. Body was fairly tidy.

Jlaing90 - that 124 is WELL worth buying. Good condition body and tidy engine bay.

I'm now heading to Taupo tomorrow instead of the auction... Neal, if you read this, I'd like to put a small bid on the red AW if you're willing to help? I'm pretty sure it's lot #10 (red auto one). I'll PM you.