Classic Car Auction - Ohaupo - 7th November

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot 74 was one of those things I'll never forget. Was chatting to Bigfoot and Chris R about this whilst the bidding was going on, asking about costs for re-reg, as I was really interested in it but thought it'd go over budget; I'd looked over it the day before and it seemed solid. Bigfoot mentioned the 'on hold' writing in the windscreen, which I'd forgotten about, so I turned round to put up my hand to bid but the winning bidder was putting his bidding number up a few people in front and the auctioneer didn't see me, so it went for $500, which was a bargain; the whole camper interior was still in the back, etc.

Anyway, I got home and saw my overly full driveway despite being one car down at the moment and thought that I'd probably dodged a bullet, in all honesty. Being amongst so many projects yesterday also made me realise that the junk I have isn't actually that bad.

• Like 4

Lot 74 was one of those things I'll never forget. Was chatting to Bigfoot and Chris R about this whilst the bidding was going on, asking about costs for re-reg, as I was really interested in it but thought it'd go over budget; I'd looked over it the day before and it seemed solid. Bigfoot mentioned the 'on hold' writing in the windscreen, which I'd forgotten about, so I turned round to put up my hand to bid but the winning bidder was putting his bidding number up a few people in front and the auctioneer didn't see me, so it went for $500, which was a bargain; the whole camper interior was still in the back, etc.

Anyway, I got home and saw my overly full driveway despite being one car down at the moment and thought that I'd probably dodged a bullet, in all honesty. Being amongst so many projects yesterday also made me realise that the junk I have isn't actually that bad.

Damm, had exams all week so couldn't organize much in the way of getting up to hamilton to look and purchase, i assumed it would go for alot more than $500...was a little guttard when i found out what it went for . if anyone knows the new owner i would be interested in talking with them maybe sorting them out a quick profit. 

• Like 1

Hi, I am the buyer of the fifth mr2. Dark blue metallic, rough because it has been prepped for a respray. Reg and warrant, targa tops with good seals, but auto. Drove to Napier no probs, but before I left the auction site I noticed it was losing water round the water pump.

post-20145-0-11982400-1447040778_thumb.jpg

post-20145-0-21221200-1447040820_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Hi, I am the buyer of the fifth mr2. Dark blue metallic, rough because it has been prepped for a respray. Reg and warrant, targa tops with good seals, but auto. Drove to Napier no probs, but before I left the auction site I noticed it was losing water round the water pump.

That's a bargain! I think I saw you driving this on Friday afternoon? If so, I assumed this was already your car and that you were looking at getting parts from the others. 

PM me if you want a lead on some manual conversion parts (pedal box, master and slave, lines etc) as I have a friend in Napier who might be willing to part with those bits. 

• Like 2

No, wasn't me driving it on Friday. Turned up to auction on Saturday morning, interested in getting a Imp with a mate, but it wasn't to be. Checked the Mr2 over, very little rust, supercharged and little interest from others. Couldn't leave without it at that price.

• Like 2

If I had been there I would have bought 30, so I am happy at the outcome, however I do wish I had more space!

and cash!

and sense!

I did buy, the Crusader, both the Transits, both the Rovers, and a Moris 1300.

you having Transit withdrawals since selling the last 2? :) Let me know when they arrive, I will come for a nosey (and no I am not buying any more!!)

• Like 1

I bought the red AW11 (auto + on hold). Picked it up today, threw a battery in it and it runs! Lots of smoke and sounds lazy, but it goes.

Derp, my brain only just caught up now. Got any interior C-pillar trims you want to sell?

Not Ben with the manual conversion parts is it?

• Like 1

I can tell you there's 6 cars that wont be back on the tard :)

You will get bored with some of them soon and sell to me for mega cheap bargains/I don't think I need a transit :P

Wish I had gone, unfortunately funds were at way below zero for the month so as tempted as I was it would have just made me more angry :(

• Like 1