Browndog's Supervan 2 (yet another one!)

browndog

• 6 months later...

will be following this with interest we will be up in october for targa think taupo is the first day if your around and want to get a photo with the jumbo and yours together.will let you know closer to when we go

Sounds good, assuming it is finished by then :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Muncie said:

If you want to bump the boost up i have a mace engineering puller to pop the pulley off the blower and drag the new one on. 8psi makes them a real weapon and doesn't seem to upset fuel economy.

awesome, more boost is the next thing on the list once I have sorted everything and settled it in! (will be needing that for the OS Mk5 drags in December!)  :) What do you want for that to buy/hire off you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muncie said:

https://trademe.co.nz/1412096698

Link to pulley kit. 8 psi runs stock belt.

They loan you the puller with $160 bond but you have to air freight back to Ozzie so $$ as its heavy. If you slip 10$ in the box when you send back for a bottle of scrumpy and pay for courier to you that'd be enough. 

awesome, sounds like a good deal to me, I appreciate that! I will message you when I am ready for it. :) 

• 3 months later...

Had exact same experience with my Commodore first run 15.2 2nd and 3rd were 2 tenth' s slower each didn't do a 4th run wasn't fun after that. Blowing some E85 in the back of the blower supposed to work wondersthough. Thats if your looking for the in between step before a intercooler...... do an intercooler or both.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Muncie said:

Had exact same experience with my Commodore first run 15.2 2nd and 3rd were 2 tenth' s slower each didn't do a 4th run wasn't fun after that. Blowing some E85 in the back of the blower supposed to work wondersthough. Thats if your looking for the in between step before a intercooler...... do an intercooler or both.

I think I will go straight to the intercooler! Problem is, I will have to mount the rad under the van, and duct it. There is no space up front. And I do like the look of the Whipple kit made by Yella Terra!..............

15 hours ago, maxted said:

This van is so rad, nice job on the supercharger conversion! 

thank you :) 

1 hour ago, a.craw4d said:

Love this van, Firm hand shake and pat on the back for a job well done.

Maybe I watch too much youtube but I'd love to see this in action.

cheers, it is much fun at the Auckland motorway on ramp traffic light Grand Prix ;)