Browndog's Supervan 2 (yet another one!)

browndog

I was going to pick the van up at the end of November, but couldn't wait, so paid the balance and picked it up Saturday. Been driving it around all weekend, and really happy with it. It is very good to drive for an old van, quite tight. Took it on a long run yesterday, and refilled with fuel when I got back. Looks like about 20mpg, or 14l/100kms, which is very good for something that has the aerodynamics of a house, with a fairly large engine. And way better than my current LDV "Police" van, which will be replaced by this as my tow vehicle.

Parked up at Hampton Downs yesterday next to my mates "Masport" V8 Mk2. They certainly got a bit of attention there!

misc 005.jpg

misc 004.jpg

Edited by browndog
reloaded pictures because photobucket are burgling bastards!
  • Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

pulled the lid off to have a closer look. Here you can see the Eaton M90 supercharger, with throttle intake at the rear. These engines did not run an intercooler, although aftermarket ones are available. Looks like clearance to the throttle body will be tight, otherwise everywhere else looks easy :)  

misc 062.jpg

misc 059.jpg

misc 060.jpg

Edited by browndog
reloaded pictures because photobucket are burgling bastards!
  • Like 7

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I received an email from photobucket yesterday, saying 3rd party hosting on my account had been temporarily disabled. Basically they want me to pay $399 to restore this service- they can get f$#ked! Please bear with me while I reload the pictures in this thread.  Bastards!

Edit: pics uploaded to the OS website, normal service has resumed. photobucket go fuck yourself! :)

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

been busy last week on the van!
As you all know, the old Transits did not have fuel injection, and the fuel tank is not set up for this. So I built an aluminium collector pot, which the high pressure pump sits inside. A Facet low pressure pump lifts fuel from the tank, via the original pickup, and feeds into the collector, with a breather/overflow going back to the tank. The high pressure pump feeds fuel to the engine via a high pressure filter, and the return from the engine feeds back into the collector pot.

012.jpg

014.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...