R100's 1990 Sierra Saphire with 16 pushsticks

R100

Wouldn't it have 16 push sticks with the Windsor?

Also I would go get it re-reg'd first with the original engine then do cert later on

Yerp, i realised that after i made the post on my way home from work!

Edited

• Like 1

finish this first! out of all your projects I hope this is the one you smash out cos its a freaking great idea. Injected windsor from a mustang/falcon?

Going to smash this out as soon as i can.

My bell-housing arrived this afternoon from conversion components in hamilton.

Scored a low kilometre 289 windsor out of a ford ranchero that a mate just imported from usa. 66thousand miles on the clock.

Will give it a little freshen up, a nice cam, lectric dizzy, 4 barrel mani with a matching carby.

Need to make up some custom headers.

Hope to have it mounted up later next week.

• Like 1

Glad to see you put up a build thread for the sapphire. Will be following along with interest.

I've got a pair of front cossie calipers you can have for the cost of postage if you want? They've been in pieces for a few years and one of the bolts has snapped off in the other half of the caliper, so not in brilliant shape but salvageable with a bit of work. Even given all that it's not like you can call them overpriced! I can't remember if they're off a 2wd or a 4wd, will check next time I'm round at my parents place. 

Let me know if you're keen.

Glad to see you put up a build thread for the sapphire. Will be following along with interest.

I've got a pair of front cossie calipers you can have for the cost of postage if you want? They've been in pieces for a few years and one of the bolts has snapped off in the other half of the caliper, so not in brilliant shape but salvageable with a bit of work. Even given all that it's not like you can call them overpriced! I can't remember if they're off a 2wd or a 4wd, will check next time I'm round at my parents place. 

Let me know if you're keen.

Sounds great. Pm sent.

Bolted the gearbox, bell-housing and engine together. 

Next step is to remove the sump as it faces the wrong way then drop the whole lot in the hole.

I pulled the old 4 cylinder and auto out and managed to sell it for $400.

Engine bay looks nice and big, plenty of room for the Windsor.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...