4G12 turbo draaaamas

DoBro Jesus

Hey y'all,

As some of you may know i've recently picked up a factory turbo mirage, it's always ran pretty rough but just enough to get it back from hastings to wellington.

I'm completely lost with this turbo-carby wizardry! when it's cold it has a real hard time starting and when it starts you have to sit there with your foot half way to 3/4s on the throttle until it warms up a bit otherwise it bogs down and dies.

When it's warm it idles, poorly, and has a bit of a miss when  you rev it. When driving if you don't floor it it drives reasonably smooth but when you floor it it coughs and splutters and jerks like an absolute piece of shit then comes right after a bit.

You fellas got any ideas on what could be causing it? it doesn't blow any smoke when it's surging or anything, fuel pump seems to be working sweet and plugs and leads are working all gravey.

Chur.

I do know the vacuum advance is buggered, but, i've had cars with fucked vac advance in the past and they haven't run this rough! Gonna have to rip the head off anyway as when i took it for a blat round the block the other day it started pissing oil between the head and block all over the bellhousing. got a spare set of brand new leads i got for my lancer So will give them a try this weekend. Just to completely eliminate ignition side of things.

• 2 weeks later...