Gozza

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm enjoying your project and your meticulous approach to detail, you're doing a great job of writing it up as well.

What's your technique for cleaning aluminium inlet manifolds? (I'm considering sand blasting mine).

The inlet manifold was just cleaned of oil and grease with a bit of petrol then scrubbed with a aluminium cleaner made by chemtools... I have run out of it now any chucked the bottle but I bought it from opel engineering if that helps.

I think I'm just about done playing with acid and shit so you might have to do it yourself sorry!! I've had heaps of fun but would probably do it all a bit different the second time round. While paint stripping and acid washing works, it would be far easier to have had the parts sand/soda/whatever blasted.

Anyways, cheers for the nice comments.

Its not oil leaks anyway... its designed in rust prevention for the underside of the car. Very clever them poms.

So happy to see you have this on the road. Would be sweet to see it along to a Nelson meet. I might spur Hannah on to rip into her Mk1.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

cool to see such a mint cond one in nelson, passed it yesterday, I own the one in your photo of the two parked together on main road stoke in your thread, would be interested if you have any parts lying around,or know of the 3rd blue one that was for sale at the start of this year in nelson,  my numbers 0220460257 if you do, thanks 

• 2 weeks later...