Gozza's '68 Mk1 Trumpet

Gozza

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!!! Oh man your Trump is lush! Great photos and great write up. I reckon its write ups in this style that get people keen on fixing there own cars. Its the progress we all like to see.

I started reading your thread and thinking 'oh that looks like the one around nelson?' then saw your location. But then read that you had it painted a few years ago and thought nah thats not the one. Then saw the one you doubled up with. Ah ha. So I have not seen yours but instead seen that other old blue one about, the one that looks like its held together with number 8 wire. There is also a white one about too.

So... can we please get you along on the next Nelson oldschool meet?. I figure you cant make tomorrow in this car but hey- you are more than welcome along in any car just for the banter. You can see details here..

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/44729-nelson-monthly-meet-sunday-11th-october-cruise-up-the-motueka-valley-to-tapawera/page-16

Next meet will be along to the Nelson car club rally sprint up Dovedale where we are planning an oldschool park up on the course with Mexican wave sessions. so I can pine over your car in person. I have just Shown hannah your thread and she is about read it. I think we might just end up doing some triumph fettling this weekend on her mk1.

Alex

Cheers for the nice words Alex.

Actually I had just come across your thread about the Viva with the injected V6 via some swatting I was doing on the Megasquirt injection. It's a really cool car you've built there and a super credit to you!

Won't be able to make it to Tap today, but Dovedale sounds good, though I doubt the trumpy will be ready by then... I've just started pulling out the engine for a little bit of attention (frost plugs/gaskets/thrust washer etc) and mainly to repaint the engine bay.

I would love to pick your brains about that Megasquirt system sometime as I'm pretty sure I will have a go at building up a new donk for this car, not that it needs it but just because:)

Good job on the estate rescue too...

Steve

Cool. Just come along to dovedale anyway. Jump in with someone else going from Nelson way ie Shane (sideways sickness), Will (willdat) etc or bring your daily. Can discuss MS. I reckon a good system could be built using the PI throttle bodies. In fact I think a few have including a fella on retro rides in his mk1. He has now fitted a bmw engine which I think is one option Hannah is keen on.

I've actually got a full set of PI shit with this in mind but unfortunately the throttle bodies don't fit the head I have:(

I'll probably end up building up a 2.5 as soon as I've finished up the current resto and try and find an overdrive box to go with it. Plenty to learn and so many questionss....

Next time you're planning on coming over to Nelson give me a call, I'm usually home and the jugs always hot.