Dozydesmonds `74 Skoda S100 Restoration discussion

dozydesmond

No worries, I'll message you my details and for the 110, It will be mostly original. I wouldn't mind some decent alloys for it and maybe small things like electronic ignition but we'll see. At the moment I'm just getting all of the hydraulics either reconditioned or replaced.

I don't think I've seen a Skoda driving around since the '80s or early '90s. One of our scout leaders had one in the '70s and then a guy I worked with in the '80s had a couple but I never saw them run cos he always drove his PB Vauxhall. He did reckon they were very hard to kill though. There was a Sabre that I used to see regularly in Whangarei back in the day. Rather liked the look of that. I thought it had more style than the later ones but each to their own. Good to see that they are not extinct anyway. Used to have a VHS tape of classic crashes from Scandinavian rallying. It was full of Skodas, Saabs, and old Volvos going hard so yes they did rally them.

You want to cut up old car panels for the panel steel?  If you were closer i could give you some fresh clean stuff with that anodizing looking coating for free, it welds nicer and doesn't need cleaning before welding like painted panels would.  If you can buy the new stuff it's usually really cheap for offcuts.

I wouldnt bother with old panels for steel man, been there done that and it probably works out more expensive with all the paint stripping discs. I just did a whole heap of rust work on my starlet and went and brought a 1.2m x 1m (appx half a sheet) of zinc plated panel steel from an engineers, i think its 1.2mm thick. Cost me 25 bucks so fuck all. I tried like 4 panel beaters in feilding first, who aplarently dont beat panels anymore so dont carry steel. That way you have a zinc coating on tbe inside aswell to help stop future rust.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

So as my main thread has stated, project has stalled for now. BUT it will be revived soon, as well as a few other projects being undertaken, such as: a mix-n-match Morris Minor (Very Late model series II (the one where they had started putting Minor 1000 bits in) powered with a series MM 918cc sidevalve, and a series MM grill), an Engine Workshop, DIY engine test stand, DIY vehicle rotisserie, DIY Acid dipping (for engines), and hopefully some engine rebuilds and re-stores (if i can source some cheap/free non-running/rusty engines). Again, feel free to ask questions, tell me off, whatever :-D  :-D   

• 5 months later...

Always loved these and have been wanting to get one myself. How are you for parts? I just found 1 in a wrecking yard not far from my house. In fact apparently they have three but I'm yet to have a proper explore. Will keep you posted.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...