Car lock up Chch

J-W-G

Yeah what does tenancy say? If nothing, bang a couple of layers of cheap vinyl flooring off the tard down. Shouldn't be a problem with oil then. I'm guessing landlord cheaped out and didn't paint / carpet the garage then?

Are you allowed to do number twos in the toilets, or is that banned too? :P

I last looked a couple of years ago for something like you want, but couldn't find anything this side of town.

Our agreement states no unwaranted /unregistered cars on the property...just told the I'm restorying a classic car....I'm just not allowed to spill oil or paint and not to piss the neighbors off....I'm just going to get some carpet\ flooring from tardme to throw in the garage.

Pffft.. they might as well have you tag all your apliances while they're there.. since when do people tell landlords whats going in their garage?

Its utter bullshit what they want man.....wanted 6 individual references for me and 6 for my wife.....got shitty with them so much.....very surprised we got the place to be honest.

And I bet if they said no you can't have a project car there.....and said well fuck it we will find something else ........they would have changed they're minds.

Not trying to shit on your parade but mine's the bloody opposite. I got 3 spare garages but no cars to go in them.. Move to Whangarei I'll help you out.

Man I'd just hit him up and be realistic. Tell him it's your baby and you spend all your time on it. You ain' gonna f*ck up his garage and if you do you'll fix it. I dunno.

At the end of the day they have to give you notice of inspections so car can be there all days except that day

Yeah, basically this. Just put down some drop sheets and some cardboard or something, when they do their (3 monthly?) flat inspection, tow it around the corner or something

• 4 weeks later...

On the subject of painting garage floor, at work we recommend to clients getting marine grade carpet instead of paint, the only maintenance is give it a vacuum or brush. Speaking to people who have switched from painted floor to carpet thoroughly rate it, makes internal access garages nicer too and there's sfa price difference

Landlord sounds like a complete cunt. You must have been desperate for a house to accept that shit. Think I would have told him to fuck off. I know Chch is a tight market since the earthquakes but garages are for cars and cars leak oil. It's just the nature of the beast. He needs to suck it up and start living in the real world. 

ITT: shitty landlords

the main obligation of a tenant, other than paying rent, is keeping the property in a state of tidiness and in good repair. obviously landlord is assuming the worst of working on a car in the premises, therefore not allowing it at all.

there really isn't much in the RTA about specifications in the agreement, mostly just shit about no wild parties. therefore if OP wanted he could pose an argument saying he'd lay down a floor covering, at his expense, to reduce the mess or something along those lines. the landlord might be a dick about it and say no, or he might consider that there's more to life than preserving the condition of a concrete floor in a bland, modern townhouse and let you store the car in the garage. 

at the end of the day i suppose he is just taking every measure he can to protect his investment, but just being a tad difficult

/sorry for spam, i bid you fortuitous conclusions in your hunt for a storage space otherwise

Not trying to shit on your parade but mine's the bloody opposite. I got 3 spare garages but no cars to go in them.. Move to Whangarei I'll help you out.

Man I'd just hit him up and be realistic. Tell him it's your baby and you spend all your time on it. You ain' gonna f*ck up his garage and if you do you'll fix it. I dunno.

wanna rent out some shed space?