J.e.d.'s '73 HQ Kingswood Deluxe

j.e.d.

Spent a few hours on Saturday an Sunday cleaning out the car. Happy to report no rust to worry about. Boot looks to have been tidied up in the past. Need to remove the PVC pipe & I'll make up a plate to go over it (used to run on CNG a long time ago)

20151004_161219.jpg

20151004_161141.jpg

Mate had already done the work around the windscreen's & with a quick wipe of a rag it came up all shiny..

20151004_161726.jpg

20151004_161630.jpg

• Like 8

And a bit of video evidence that the mighty six runs. It had been sitting for the last 10 years since the tear down started so I thought I'd try & get it started.

Armed with my 2nd hand Zebra battery & trusty can of magic spray it only took 2 or 3 initial attempts before it fired into life - so happy! Only ran it for about 30-40 seconds cos I didn't have a radiator hooked up, & I ran the hose thru it afterward for extra paranoia points.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Small update, but anything is progress in my life..

The car had a few area where surface rust was working it's way under some of the previous primered areas like this..

20150910_163146.jpg

so spent yesterday sanding them all back & deoxedine them, the roof was the worst of it on this side..

20151026_140705.jpg

Next weekend (I hope) to wash all the dust & crap off the car & probably re-deoxidine the sanded areas again, then etch prime & hifill.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

Pffft.. forget all earlier delusions of short deadlines.

No progress here but I did finally get this visor on the car. Did a swap with Azzurro and this thing fits perfect. Thanks man! Big thanks to the OS delivery system too. You know who you cool cats are.

I even sat in the car and made broom broom noises and hung my arm out the window. Now why would I ever think of selling this thing??

20160723_110825.jpg

• Like 7