Nominal's 1961 Morris Oxford Discussion

Guypie

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding front wheel dilemma and reading through the thread I may have some advice. MGB front discs should fit with a bit of matching of kingpins and the likes

but not sure if it's a complete bolt over job. The two share a common ancestor. I used to work on a mad Wolseley 16/60 in Auckland for a customer, with a 260 Ford motor, the Y block having the right dimensions and of course the best sound the yanks have made to date. In that situation with the added weight and power, we cannibalised the discs and five stud hubs off the six cylinder as well as the tougher back axle. Loads of ratio options and the diff at least was a bolt in job. Loads more wheel options too. 

Ended up with Rover P5 Rostyles on it which suited it, the other less fun option is get an earlier Oxford drum and shoes, the later cars had an extra half inch of material hence weird shaped drums.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi

I think I may have discussed your Traveller with you mid last year. My computer got zapped and I lost all email. You are doing a great job. I looked at this car three owners prior to you and the corrosion put me off! Particularly in the front crossmember and tailgate area. We should talk as you and I have similar projects on the go!

Cheers

Sparks

IMG_0425.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, flyingbrick said:

Wow not sure why I haven't stayed up to date with this- damn you are good at this rust repair stuff. 

Where did you get those neat magnets from?

Thanks - I really just make it up as I go.

Search for neodymium magnet on aliexpress, plenty there.

Another APU!

15810106793_a2f94e86ee_k.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...