Nominal's 1961 Morris Oxford Discussion

Guypie

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the rego may be for a different morrie, so going to do all repair to cert standard and if it doesnt come up when i go to get a wof then all is well. but if it gets pulled up and I need to re rego I hope to be covered.

By the way if you happen to get a mgb gt in at zebra for parts let me know, I would like the front hubs, brakes and kingpins.

because secret master plan of course.

• Like 2

kwality work sir, especially for first time (i call BS!)

apparently these and the other various BMC variants, the Fiat 2100/2300 and Peugeot 404 were all penned by Pininfarina around the same time. The wagons especially are very similar from the rear.

Seems that BMC had more concern about how to assemble them in order to minimise rust traps than FIAT did!

Carry on my good man.

• Like 2

Rego for a different morry???? Why do you think that? I bought the cars off a pretty well known motorbike restorer here in Auckland, so if its not the reg for the car we will be going back to see him!!!!

Do all the numbers match up?

Half the serial is the same the other half is different. On the paper work it says its a blue sedan, so may have been a mix up somewhere. In talking to a compliance workshop they said that sometimes stuff got mixed up when the records changed to digital so could be that. Regardless I'm not sweating it too much, if I do the work to a good standard it shouldn't be a problem anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey for first time repairs they are pretty neat. Welding looks good. Like mr pie eater said.. if too much shrinkage then just shorter welds. Anyway- you'd rather have low spots than high spots on something that aint a ferrari. Then you can just epoxy over it and fill with putty magic. Nothing wrong with a bit of filler :-)

Wagons are cool. Good job!

• 1 year later...

Ok. First im just going to say that the panels thst guypie did look fucking sweet. How the fuck did you do the outer lip so nice with chilses and hammers. Gawd damn.....

But yay! Im glad terry bought this to be honest. Will be good to see a new wagon at wag nats. Does look like a bit of rust in the front there. But not to bad once its all unstiched by the looks. Rad.