Guypie

Nominal's 1961 Morris Oxford Traveller

Have been filling/sanding the lower tailgate. Messy business.

Started cleaning up the SS trim from the windscreen. A pox on the PO that used silicone sealer on it.

About 10% of the way there.

p1100511.jpg

Also stripped the cowl panel.

p1100512.jpg

Have got some new wheels, but need to work out if they will actually fit OK.

• Like 2

Tailgate parts both painted and somewhat shiny. They have been rust-proofed inside too, so shouldn't be an issue for a while.

p1100685.jpg

Took one rear window out for new seal. Naturally there is a bit of rust in evidence. Odd that it is on the vertical section.

p1100684.jpg

I also cleaned up and painted the lower edges of the floor panel that goes in the back over the petrol tank. I'm not going to paint the whole thing right now.

p1100686.jpg

• Like 7

Filled one hole

dscf1750.jpg

Also zapped some small holes in the horizontal part. Just need to fix a bit of the pinch weld on this side and it will be done.

Took the glass out of the other side. I can see why it was a bit leaky there.

dscf1749.jpg

• Like 6

Got it filled and primed 'good enough'. Painting the inside of car is even worse than the outside!

I need some of the correct thinner before I can make it yellow/get runs everywhere.

22561171_1628334820543754_1090396565_o.j

• Like 5

Ass-end reassembled.

dscf1823.jpg

Comparison - less patina now, but a lot less rust too.

6aMESZ1.jpg

Currently working on fixing/repairing the torn headliner at the rear. Gluing some material behind the tears. 

Check out the fancy rear seat mounts. They parallelogram forwards to the seatbase goes up hard against the front seat (when it is slid right forward).

Some quality British design right there.

dscf1829.jpg

Then the upper squab of the seat back flips forward to give a comfortable bed-sized space. Luxury!

dscf1830.jpg

• Like 6

WOF acquired on Friday. Still a few things to do as usual, I'm going to replace some of the card backing of the upholstered panels towards the rear.

It's a mobile motel!

CaptureO.JPG

• Like 7

Have been fixing/f*king some of the upholstery.

These are the rear interior panels, the skinny piece goes at the rear of the headlining.

dscf1866.jpg

This one is a bit rooted from historical leakyness

dscf1909.jpg

I picked up this rear door panel from Horopito as I had one entirely missing. The design matches the front seat (2-tone) but not the rest of the interior. I guess the front seat as been swapped at some point. Anyway the card is in bad shape from dampness at Horopito.

dscf1910.jpg

Rear panels cover this area (which I sprayed with cavity wax in the weekend, messy business)

dscf1912.jpg

• Like 1