Yoeddynz's 1975 Datto 120Y wagon restoration.

maddat

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty cool too that the fella selling it on behalf is Dave (avengertiger) whom I was one of the first petrol heads he met after he moved over from Ireland. He had known about this car for ages and no one knew it was my parents old car.

Aliens!

• Like 1

It's an easy process now to re-vin using your old black plates, make sure you have the original ownership papers to prove that they are correct and make sure that the plates are in good condition and make it clear to your re-vin agent what you want to do, it should only take a phone call to nzta for approval.

I have had a vehicle that was revinned before the new black plate rule came in, when this rule came in I wrote to nzta and sent copies of the original ownership papers along with photos of the plates and the car in the 1970's and we received a call from nzta and they approved the change, but in this case the vehicle was in the same ownership for nearly 40 years and still under that owner when the change was made.

I also know of a bambina that was revinned using the old plates and he said the process was easy

Nice Ride - and still has solid bones by the looks (well especially when i look at some of the ones ive owned).

There is an a12 (mostly complete) that i have here, that one of the guys from the datsun club owns - ill find out if he wants to sell it. Was a runner in a 1200 then removed for hot A15.

• Like 1

Here was my first wagon which donated most of its parts my other one. I still have the front wheels (well 3 atm as having trouble finding the 4th) if you are interested. I think they were called cheviot turbines.

82436610c1a24bb590dda697dc61f45f.jpg

Yeah they could be suitable. Let me know if the forth turns up. No rush though as wheels will be a treat after I sort all the rust etc.

• 7 months later...

Oh hey. This awesome ride can be yours! Yes..you heard correctly. You're welcome to re-live your youth etc etc.  I want to pass this car on to another person who would like to restore it.  As much as I love the fact its our old car and has quite a story behind it I just have not warmed to it. Its not my cup of tea and is just sitting here looking sad. I have enough to finish on the Viva wagon and then help Hannah with her Triumph. Plus I want to do fun things with another Hillamn Imp.

Sam was around yesterday and took some photos saying he'll list it somewhere for sale. I, actually Dad, paid the $250 asking price and will be happy to get that back so long as it goes to a good home where it wont be split but instead restored back onto the road.

I must put an advert up here on OS..

• Like 1

Oh bro plz dont sell it! please restore or at least hold off and have a good think about it first, its such a good story and a cool car! + you know what your doing and have the tools to do it

i remember my mums orange avenger would love to be able to find it

• Like 2

• 1 year later...