Yoeddynz's 1975 Datto 120Y wagon restoration.

maddat

You've done well with your persuasion Bart. He seems well excited.

I must say I'm pretty fucking stoked that it's staying within oldschool circles too. Plus it's staying in the south island so I'll get to see it about. Hopefully if all goes well I'm sure Greg will bring it up to blenheim when it's finished and let ma and pa take it for a Hoon. They are quite excited. 

I've insisted that Greg takes over the build thread once he has the car. I'll smack his bottom at hammer meet if he doesn't keep us all informed with updates. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think secretly you just love cutting out rot...you could have been a dentist...the principle is the same...take some "before" photos, scratch your head, dig, grind, fill, make small talk, grind some more, collect loads of money, repeat...

Just a thought. Nice progress btw.

• Like 1

My parents replaced this car with another Datsun/Nissan sunny that we only just sold on about 5 years ago.  Everyone in the family owned it and trashed it. It was called the Nissan 1.3 Racing Sunny by us all. It racked up some good mileage and it never used oil and took major beatings from us all in its stride. My brother crashed it in the early 90's after a driving pissed at xmas time. Fuck did the olds let some fireworks go then! Silly boy.

Hannah and I painted it black in 2006 and added a fake front mount for shits and giggles because it was still mum and dads daily. Damn it was a good little car that. I just carjammed it and it look like the young fella who bought it aint done anything with it since :-(

This car, that sunny, my sisters Sentra and Dads two bluebirds that never let us down are what cemented Datsun/nissan as good workhorse cars in our family. Hannah and I still own a Sentra but its for sale now as doesn't get used enough.

Only photo I have of 1.3 Racing Sunny

140120101445.jpg

• Like 2

Was having a beer at last weekend's meet when I finally put it together which Greg you were fixing this up for (makes sense really) When he drives up to grab it I should either jump in for the ride or drop off the speeduino gizmos for delivery

Also, your prices are very competitive, how do we book?

Russian steel?......

:shock:

:doubt:

:arrow:

Joke. Yeah ask Greg and come up. Bring gun. Shoot deer. Fuckers are back for winter.

We can chat cars then. There is quite a list of rotten cars building up and I'm trying to get away from them. Rust dust and grinding dust cant be good for me/building woodstoves and metal art more fun...

1 hour ago, yoeddynz said:

Russian steel?......

:shock:

:doubt:

:arrow:

Joke. Yeah ask Greg and come up. Bring gun. Shoot deer. Fuckers are back for winter.

We can chat cars then. There is quite a list of rotten cars building up and I'm trying to get away from them. Rust dust and grinding dust cant be good for me/building woodstoves and metal art more fun...

Not Russian, but a large American van/camper, belonged to my grandfather in the 60/70s and my father found it in a shed in the far north, is now in his shed awaiting restoration, i'm that keen to see it run again i'm near organising the panel work behind his back, count yourself lucky Cook strait is so well placed!

If you need yarns for the pick up mission Greg, get in touch!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...