Flauski's Two-smoke Suzi GT185

Flauski

Custom chambers is just around the corner from me and I'm going round there tomorrow to ask about rolling up some steel for mine... which I'd weld up me own self, so I'll get you a price. If he needs a bike to work from my mate with his load of such might even have a GT185 I could borrow.

I dropped into the Custom chambers shop and he was a bit grumbly but settled fairly quickly into a helpful man. $200.00 each for the chambers and a $100.00 each for some, for what he recommends as quite good, chinese mufflers to stick on the ends. Depends now on either me, or someone else in the Auck, being able to procur a GT185 and be able to have something for the man to work from. You interested? http://www.customchambers.co.nz/  

• Like 1

How did you go about removing the baffles from the exhausts? Could be keen on a similar endeavour on my ax100 for maximum bee swarm noises.

I see you ring ding past my work on rangitikei street fairly often, it's a rad machine in person! Even had a good gawk at it at polished rockers, epic work!

Artyone how did I miss your post! Bike is now for sale but if it does not sell I would be pretty keen.

Cheers Chunky_t! 

Baffles on Yammy RD and Suzi GT models are just a shaft (with some token wrap) shoved in the end of each muffler and held in with a screw;

400x400.jpgEXHAUST3.JPG

Bike now up for sale, its on the Tard but if an OS member interested, hook me a PM. I need my Kawasaki on the road, its been a project too long.

Cheers fellas.

Noticeable increase in noise and acceleration with baffles removed. I have put them back in though because it's loud enough and would be deafening at 100.

I went up 10 on main jet, did a few plug chops and it seems to have been perfect with smooth running. I did richen up the needle a notch and it did not run as well so put it back.

• 3 weeks later...